Piezo/Electric new challenge

Cem

Experienced
So, I have a double output guitar, some of you already know. I also have a good sounding tonematch block now that i use as an .IR for the acoustic signal.

So I am trying to have a Stereo UltraRes cab, Right cab %100 Right panned acoustic tonematch, Left Cab %100 Left panned Electric guitar cab.

The acoustic layer joining right before cab block from an effects loop and EQ panned %100 right.

And electric layer joining the cab as %100 right panned Amp block.

Everything works as coming out of cab block hardpanned electric guitar and acoustic guitar, left and right.

But now the signal is mono out from cab, (I record stereo, only Left channel sends signal), and is there any way to get to get both in center?

Yes, I'd love to see the preset myself. I occasionally use a PRS SingleCut hollowbody I with piezo. I had a preset set up for that guitar but deleted it with the intent of starting over. I was not entirely happy with the way I had it configured.

I managed to make it work. Works like a charm, recording coming as soon as i can. Hold on! :)

Hey guys what's your opinion on using the Piezo live for an acoustic guitar sound?I have the LR Baggs Piezo Bridge set up on my Les Paul custom. Airlines here in India aren't musician friendly so it would really help me if I can carry just one guitar. Is there any preset of sorts that can help me out with this?
Thanks!

yes, it works very well. especially using a tonematch of a real acoustic. there are tons of threads here on how to do it in terms of routing / fx and how to do the tonematch. have a look around and see what you can find. if you're using an ax8 without a tonematch block, you may be able to find some cab blocks that are exported tonematches

yes, it works very well. especially using a tonematch of a real acoustic. there are tons of threads here on how to do it in terms of routing / fx and how to do the tonematch. have a look around and see what you can find. if you're using an ax8 without a tonematch block, you may be able to find some cab blocks that are exported tonematches

Thanks for the info! I had posted a separate thread for this but looks like I haven't looked through the forums properly. Will do that first :)

So the ax8 doesn't have a tone match block. I have access to an axe fx though. and I can create a tone match using that of my acoustic guitar. How does one use it on the ax8 though?

export the tonematch as a user cab (within the tonematch block itself). then you use axe edit to get hold of the user cab (drag it onto your desktop from the cab manager) and then put that into your ax8

Last edited:
Hey there!! Can't wait to listen to your result! I'm a long time axefx ultra user... Thinking about upgrade with the ax8.. just wondering.. you plug the magnetic output in the main input and the piezo out to the in2 fx return input??

Thanks for the help!
Jerome

Back
Top Bottom