QSC K10's or 12's with my AX8?

Izzwardo

Inspired
Thinking about running down to guitar center today and getting a pair of the K10's to pair with my AX8 that I'm getting today. Are these going to be a good choice or should I go for the K12's? I play in a typical garage band that is thinking of playing out. Thanks for the help guys!

a pair ??
a 1000w ea, I'd think one would be fine...
Sound guys are gonna love 2000w blasting back on the stage :)

I just thought stereo would sound really nice. Any other suggestions?
It probably will.. to you.
How are you going to translate that to what the audience hears - meaning, does your band have a PA, are you going to be using house systems or ?
You need to factor that it.. but 2 K10's should sound PDG.

Stereo guitar live is :eek:.

Stereo guitar in the Studio is :D.

I'd go for a single to start... If your store has them, check out the Yamaha DXR10... as well. Having owned the QSC K series before and having Yamaha DSRs in my current band... I'd pick Yamaha DXR/DSR series over QSC K Series now.

(I know I'll catch flack over the live stereo statement... but I am indeed opinionated about it.)

Good point. We do have a PA. Would you recommend the QSC k8's for what I have going on? I am just trying to figure this out before I leave town. I live in a smaller town that does not sell FRFR systems and I need a set

Thinking about running down to guitar center today and getting a pair of the K10's to pair with my AX8 that I'm getting today. Are these going to be a good choice or should I go for the K12's? I play in a typical garage band that is thinking of playing out. Thanks for the help guys!

I'm a pro stereo guy I personally think you should monitor in stereo you have two ears so why not use them? As to a 1kw monitor it's not really 1kw is it. It's 500 watts to the lows and 500 watts to the highs.

The other thing is I would rather have too much power than not enough! 500 watts is plenty to handle whatever you need, you don't have to run full tilt just because you have it.

I probably shouldn't even post here as I only have a regular Axe-FX (although getting an ax8) and I use a regular power amp and guitar speakers, BUT YEA, I LOVE Stereo with the Axe-FX. It'll kill with the AX8.. Either using as stereo behind you ,or putting 1 cab on each side of the stage for 'fill ' purposes, but I can't imagine needing 2 K12's.. I've used K10's since they came out for our band's monitors and those are great sounding speakers. Good luck, Eric

Good point. We do have a PA. Would you recommend the QSC k8's for what I have going on? I am just trying to figure this out before I leave town. I live in a smaller town that does not sell FRFR systems and I need a set
I would not go less than 10" - but that's me.

I would get what you need, either one of the monitors you are looking at will work but the 8's are not going to hold up the lows at a gig volume if you do any kind of chugging. Personally I would go for the K10, a little smaller footprint and lighter to carry but thats me.

I would get what you need, either one of the monitors you are looking at will work but the 8's are not going to hold up the lows at a gig volume if you do any kind of chugging. Personally I would go for the K10, a little smaller footprint and lighter to carry but thats me.

All of that and I'll add that the K8 cabinet is not able to be used as a floor wedge without propping it up with something.

I've been using a K10 for around 4-5 years and it's sounded great and been very reliable. I was able to demo a Yamaha DXR10 and it is also a great sounding cab. It seemed to be a little bit smoother on the top end than the QSC and it runs around $150 cheaper than the QSC. If you have the time and the store has both, try them both out.

Wow thanks for all the responses guys! I think I'll check out the k10's today and also see what else they have. I'll let you know what I decided today. Pretty damn excited!

Wow thanks for all the responses guys! I think I'll check out the k10's today and also see what else they have. I'll let you know what I decided today. Pretty damn excited!
+1 on the K10. I have been using it since I got my Axe 2. No complaints.

I have the RCF NX -12's and they are much more pa than cab like in their response (only use them for my pa currently) and QSC is not known to be any better than these. So I would say if your used to cabs and want a much more authentic sounding backline look into the Friedman asm or a CLR

Another quick question guys as I don't have time to look it all up. What else do I need as far as cables or anything else? Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom