Hendrix Bold As Love Guitar Iso track

Doesn't sound like an axe fx to me. This is like finding out that Santa Claus isn't real... again :(

Thank goodness the Easter Bunny is still real.

Noisy - in and out - Gate or compressor? Or faders up/down?

From that same site listen to You Got Me Floatin isolated track for the ultimate buzzy string recording - never noticed it
before in the mix but it stands out now that I've heard it isolated

The first thing that always hits me when I listen to Hendrix is how musical he was. It's not about the tone at all. It's about musical expression. He conveys emotion directly to the listener.

From an engineering point of view, I know from experience (pun intended) there is a lot going on to capture that sound. More than you might think.

A lot of opto/tube compression. Maybe a limiter too. A lot of tube-ness. Not as much distortion as one might have thought. Light break up. On this album and the next Electric Lady Land Eddie Kramer did a lot of panning. Bottom cut - Hi pass. I don't think a lot of hyped board EQ.

fizz ;)
and a snare drum or something else resonating...
and some ghost notes (sounds like a ring modulator, probably from the power supply)

All in the mid and high frequencies!

thanks for the clip, this is the first time i hear that song like this :)

i quickly try a tone match!!

maybe you're right, i don't hear the 4000Hz anymore, my hold Marshall kill them after 30 years! .)

fender-dual-showman-guitar-amplifier-xl.jpg

I cant post the link, but search on Youtube for "The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Bold As Love (Behind The Scenes)"

Which has Eddie Kramer, Mitch and Noel talking about how the track was put together. I believe this is from the DVD reissue of Axis

An astonishing outpouring of inventiveness and creativity from everyone involved, not just Hendrix.

Back
Top Bottom