MB MARK V 90w GUYS

ATR1

Inspired
I am really missing my Mute switch since removing my MB foot switcher. Is there a way to use a relay to make my amp mute? Instead of switching channels maybe mute? I am using my volume pedal or my polytuner to mute everything, but I still get bleeding hum through my amp probably post. When I would use the stock switcher instant silence. I can use a gate but I am not patient enough to figure out how to set gate up to allow notes to ring completely without being cut off. How are you guys muting? THx

I typically use the tuner on the FX8. But this may not correct your hum issue.

I have the Mission SP-2, 2 channel expression pedal, and use one channel for Global volume and have it set to IN 2 (POST). Haven't had any issues with noise or hum with the volume off in this configuration.

Its not a bad hum. Just on ch 2&3. 3 is crazy. Was there any updates on the Global or block gates? I am in 2.0 at the moment. I am waiting a couple of weeks to update so all of you can iron out any problems..

No its not coming from FX8. I have always had a little hum on CH2 & 3. Its a tube amp you will always have some sort of hum..

Two suggestions other than a noise gate pedal or using a noise gate block; First option would be to plug your polytune or volume pedal into either POST location. This would be the option that would mute the signal from the preamp using the gear you're already using. Second option would be to use a true bypass pedal in the either POST location. With no power, switching the circuit on would mute the signal. If you wanted to power it and use the light to indicate the mute was active, you'd need to disconnect either the input or output of the circuit board.

No its not coming from FX8. I have always had a little hum on CH2 & 3. Its a tube amp you will always have some sort of hum..

#1 way to reduce hum, shield your guitar. I run a tracked ISP Decimator G-String 2 first in the fx loop, but honestly, once I shielded my guitar, my tube amp has never been quieter. I often forget to turn on the gate now.

I just order a new tube sets complete Power/Pre. I plug all my equipment through a MONSTER PRO 1000 power strip. I can get it quite by putting a gate at end of my post fx block. I do not think it is coming pre. And again its not real bad I am just use to total silence from MB mute switch.. I was just wondering what other Mark V user are doing with muting. I hope you guys are using your CH2 & 3s after spending all that money. Although I do get some great tones from ch1 with a drive in a block too.

#1 way to reduce hum, shield your guitar. I run a tracked ISP Decimator G-String 2 first in the fx loop, but honestly, once I shielded my guitar, my tube amp has never been quieter. I often forget to turn on the gate now.

With his volume off and/or tuner on the hum wouldn't be coming from the guitar.

I am really missing my Mute switch since removing my MB foot switcher. Is there a way to use a relay to make my amp mute? Instead of switching channels maybe mute? I am using my volume pedal or my polytuner to mute everything, but I still get bleeding hum through my amp probably post. When I would use the stock switcher instant silence. I can use a gate but I am not patient enough to figure out how to set gate up to allow notes to ring completely without being cut off. How are you guys muting? THx
If you have the time, check out my youtube vid by searching "Fractal fx8 RJM" under Jamie Surette ,I don't use the relays,But I use the RJM mini amp gizmo for switching. You'll see that switch 7 is used for muting the amp. This could be programmed as a midi scene.From what I understand with the new firmware, you could assign a dedicated switch to this Mute function.

I'm thinking I want to run my rig in stereo. How are you guys running yours? 2 amps, 1amp 2 cabs. Out the slave? Also how are making these connections? THX

I'm thinking I want to run my rig in stereo. How are you guys running yours? 2 amps, 1amp 2 cabs. Out the slave? Also how are making these connections? THX
With the Mesa Mark V, I run a guitar cable from the SLAVE output jack, to the LEFT IN (post) (from amp fx send) of the Fractal FX8. I set the slave knob of the Mark V to 10-11 O'Clock. From the OUT (post) (to amp fx rtn) of the FX 8 , I send 2 humbuster cables (left and right) to a ART SLA 1 amplifier. This amplifier powers the 2 extra speaker cabs in my wet /dry /wet rig stereo setup. A Carvin DCM200L would be a good choice for this too, as the SLAVE also has the 6L6 output tube sound of the Mark V, and the effects loop does not (only Preamp) That is My setup, but mine is w/d/w setup, but definitely try the SLAVE out.

I have a mark iv 90w. I run slave out to a fryette power station, then into my stereo cab, when i feel like running stereo. When I don't the fryette is a silent recording solution and transparent attenuator. It's a really useful piece of kit, not too expensive. 50W 6L6.

Yes !
The hum is from the boogie itself. I think you will have to build something that uses the mute input on the 9 pin DIN. I think that mutefunction even shorts the speaker output with a relay (weird but true) . But then you have to be familiar with electronics I guess.
I don´t think it helps to ground the loop return, wich means that it is an internal ground-loop in the amp. The hum is however not much in my opinium. Maybe when you are sitting at home at low levels, it can disturb you, I guess.

Yes !
The hum is from the boogie itself. I think you will have to build something that uses the mute input on the 9 pin DIN. I think that mutefunction even shorts the speaker output with a relay (weird but true) . But then you have to be familiar with electronics I guess.
I don´t think it helps to ground the loop return, wich means that it is an internal ground-loop in the amp. The hum is however not much in my opinium. Maybe when you are sitting at home at low levels, it can disturb you, I guess.

An ISP Decimator 2 will work perfectly as a tracking gate that doesn't affect cutoff. It's a hack solution, but it will work.

Back
Top Bottom