AX8 Tuner?

tallcoolone

Inspired
Anyone see the onboard tuner yet? I hope it is better than the one on the MFC display--not a fan of that one at all.

I'd be surprised if it isn't more like that on the AxeFx, seeing as the screens are pretty similar. The issue with the MFC was that the screen didn't have a very good refresh rate.

Now that I think about it, I think I remember seeing a post from Cliff saying that the tuner is the same as the AxeFx, just without the 8-ball. Don't quote me on that though, as I may be wrong.

One thing I will miss from my current pedalboard, if I get the AX8, will be my TC Electronics Poly-Tune tuner. I had thought the polyphonic tuner was a gimmick because we can really only tune one string at a time. But it quickly became a feature I use all the time. Between songs I can just strum all six strings and instantly see if everything is still in perfect tune and, if not, which one is out. Great at the beginning of the set when the guitar is still adjusting to the room or when somebody sounds out of tune and I want to instantly know if it's me.

Now that the AX8 input will be on the floor instead of behind you in a rack, just put the polytune before the AX8.

I don't get why so many people go ga ga on the polytune.
I own one , it's fine (although the poly function stopped working years ago) but you can't get as precise as an analog tuner.
Although the Axe tuner is as precise as any analog one.
It's the LED tuners that can't get as accurate.

Last edited:
One thing I will miss from my current pedalboard, if I get the AX8, will be my TC Electronics Poly-Tune tuner. I had thought the polyphonic tuner was a gimmick because we can really only tune one string at a time. But it quickly became a feature I use all the time. Between songs I can just strum all six strings and instantly see if everything is still in perfect tune and, if not, which one is out. Great at the beginning of the set when the guitar is still adjusting to the room or when somebody sounds out of tune and I want to instantly know if it's me.

I had an LP Epiphone with that robotic tuning thing, it worked amazingly well, i mean it was even faster then using the polytune and doing it my self. Cant seem to see why that Gibson automatic tuner gets so much hate, for me it work perfectly with out any gitches.

Back
Top Bottom