• Power amp and traditional guitar cab

Votes: 24 21.4%
  • Powered monitors

Votes: 55 49.1%
  • Just the Venues PA

Votes: 33 29.5%

• Total voters

Peter Lacis

So as I'm on the verge of getting my Axe-FX II out of my home studio and into the real world, I'm finding myself confounded by the choices out there on how to run my Axe live. Specifically, I'd like to hear about if you guys are bigger fans of going the route of a Matrix (or similar) power amp and then using traditional guitar cabs OR are you in the camp of using FRFR powered speakers like the offerings from Atomic and now Friedman (among others). I feel like I'm leaning towards the powered wedges route, but it would certainly be less expensive to just buy a power amp and roll with my current cabs (which I love). So let me hear your thoughts! Hopefully I can make this poll work :lol

I play at a mega church with silent stage and in ear monitors, with no amps or individual monitors allowed on stage, so FOH is only option. We do have skilled sound engineers, so sound in the house is very good. In ear monitors do not provide the "live amp" feel, but do give a lot of control on what you want to hear from rest of band and vocals.

my setup is not listed. It would be out 1 with amp sims straight to PA, out 2 without amp sims into a real combo

It looks neck and neck, which may or may not help in your decision making. ;)

I voted FOH only, but I monitor using in-ears, fyi.

Terry.

Back
Top Bottom