Axe-Fx II Firmware 19.00 Public Beta

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
For ALL models. There was a tiny change to the Amp block bias tremolo between the previous beta and this one.

Mark I/II:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/19.0/axefx2_19p00beta1.zip

XL:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/19.0/axefx2_xl_19p00beta1.zip

XL+:
www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/axe-fx-2/19.0/axefx2_xlplus_19p00beta1.zip

Note: It's beta. It probably has bugs. It probably doesn't have your favorite drive pedal or a Klon or a button that magically makes you sound like <insert guitar hero here>.

Note: It's beta. It probably has bugs. It probably doesn't have your favorite drive pedal or a Klon or a button that magically makes you sound like <insert guitar hero here>.

Helpful hint (for all the inexperienced users ;-) )
It's better to point it out.

Improved detector performance in Multiband Compressor.

Improved detector performance in Compressor block Dynamics mode.

Improved many of the Drive models by applying “G3” techniques. Note that this may cause significant changes to the behavior of some models. Of particular note is that the taper of the Drive and Level controls has changed in many of the models and may differ substantially from previous firmware. Models that have been fully converted to G3 models are indicated in the name.

Added a new Clip Type to the Drive block. The “Variable” type allows the user to adjust the shape of the clipping using the new “Clip Shape” parameter. Low values of Clip Shape give a smooth, focused tone while high values give a harder, brasher sound.
Improved Amp block power tube plate current calculation. This results in increased clarity, improved feel/attack and better edge of breakup distortion texture. The default Power Tube Bias values have been updated to reflect this change and existing presets will be updated automatically to the new values.

Improved Amp block Bias Trem behavior.

Changed all references to “CK” in the Cab block to “ML”.

The Output Compressor in the Amp block now features two modes of operation: Output and Feedback. These modes are set using the new Comp Type parameter. “Output” is the previous type where the compressor acts on the output of the block. “Feedback” also compresses the block output but applies dynamics to the input of the block based on the output compression. The “Comp Clarity” parameter adjusts the bass response of the input dynamics and can be used to add clarity to the bass.

Fixed “Thordendal” amp models referencing wrong default tone stack.

Last edited:
I too fall guilty of my inner cynic from time to time :)
Thanks Cliff and team.

Pauly

For ALL models. There was a tiny change to the Amp block bias tremolo between the previous beta and this one.

19 substantially changes the overall sound. I will have to play around for awhile...most of my presets sound flubby on the bottom end. A little tweaking and I'll get stuff sounding good again. Thanks Cliff for the overall improvements.

Is there something weird with the drive block levels? For example, I had to turn the 808 down below 1 to keep it from clipping. It also seems like some things like the FET are pushing super hard where before they were just adding a touch of breakup. Overall they sound great though.

Thanks FAS for your tireless efforts and patience.

I was just playing with the new clip shape parameter in the drive block with the Big Muff model and am very excited about what that brings. With the clip shape cranked, it really allows you to make drastic tonal changes by moving just your guitar's volume knob. Very synth-y, thick and nasty in the best possible ways.

Back
Top Bottom