RAC12 - New 1U rack controller for Axe-Fx II / XL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my RAC12 yesterday and am loving it. It's also great to see that there's the same kind of drive to improve it that we see constantly with the Axe itself. Thanks.

So far, it couldn't have been easier setting up the RAC12 and getting it working. The software editor works great and I feel like I'm back on the road to having the kind of intuitive quick tweaking of my Axe that I've missed since the Lemur template got broken.

Is it possible to run the RAC12 from an IEC connector from my Power Conditioner?? Lat thing I want is to introduce the need for a wall wart with an adapter into a regular socket - when I already have a load o outputs not he back of my Conditioner?

If you can find an IEC->regular plug adapter, yes... But i don't know it it exists.
RAC12 can be powered by USB or regular 9V DC jack (power adapter supplied).

Last edited:
My Power Conditioner...a Samson. Has a USB output on the rear (for an LED lamp) ....so I can power an RAC12 from that???

I asked Samson tech support. They said; "the USB output does not supply the true 5 volts needed to power something like a Smart Phone Charger. It is really only used for the lamp."

The RAC12 is fantastic. I only got mine connected up yesterday and already feel that it is indispensable.

I asked Samson tech support. They said; "the USB output does not supply the true 5 volts needed to power something like a Smart Phone Charger. It is really only used for the lamp."

The RAC12 is fantastic. I only got mine connected up yesterday and already feel that it is indispensable.
Depending on the current it can deliver, compare with your lamp.
Usb regular port must deliver 0.5-0.9A under 5V,
Rac12 real consumption is 0.25A under 5V.

I searched this thread and didn't find anything, so don't kill me if this question has already been asked and answered...

Those of you in the USA who have bought the Rac12, what was your final cost including shipping, duty, taxes, etc.?

I searched this thread and didn't find anything, so don't kill me if this question has already been asked and answered...

Those of you in the USA who have bought the Rac12, what was your final cost including shipping, duty, taxes, etc.?

Purchased mine last Monday.
RAC12 unit, MIDI cable, paypal, shipping to California = 404.50 euro.
Or $431.81

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

I'll update if I get hit with taxes or import fees.

Last edited:
Hell at that current draw you could strap a 7805 regulator to a 9V Alkaline and run it for 80 days straight always on. Im thinking I should build a solar panel psu for mine ;)
A quarter of an amp for 80 days straight out of a 9-volt battery? Those Badlands batteries must be mighty big. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom