CK's Euro 4x12 - Cab Pack 9

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Cab Pack 9 - CK's Euro 4x12 - UltraRes™ has been released in our store.

Fractal Audio Systems - Cab Pack 9: CK's Euro 4x12 - UltraRes

Cab Pack 9: CK's Euro 4x12 - UltraRes contains 200 User Cab IRs produced for Fractal Audio Systems by Mikko Logrén of ML SOUND LAB. This collection includes separate IRs of all four speakers of the cabinet to give you the full variety of its tones. This Pack also includes the Alloy IR Mix Collection, with intentional inter-microphone phasing to add the unique but pleasant character we expect when using multiple microphones on a real guitar cabinet.
In addition this Cab Pack includes presets for the Axe-Fx II, XL and XL Plus of all Euro amp sims and are balanced and raw representations of the Euro sound. The IR used for these presets (CK Euro Ace Mix) can be found in the “Single Mic Aces” folder.
User Cabs may be easily uploaded to your Axe-Fx II using Fractal-Bot, Axe-Edit, or Cab-Lab. This pack also includes the high resolution .IR files required to create your own original multi-mic UltraRes™ mixes in Cab-Lab.
Please remember: It is illegal to share Cab Mixes containing these or any commercial IRs. commercial IRs.
SPEAKER AND MICROPHONES

Cab Pack 9 features one speaker cab: the Euro 4x12, based on a Bogner™ 4x12 Slant Cab with Celestion™ Vintage 30® speakers.
Microphones used include:
Shure™ SM57
Royer™ R121
Sennheiser™ e906
Sennheiser™ MD421
Each microphone was used on each speaker of the cabinet. They were positioned in a variety of locations, listening and measuring to find "sweet spots". Different speakers are marked with letters A (bottom left speaker), B (bottom right speaker), C (top right speaker) and D (top left speaker). The numbers mentioned after the letters describe different variations of the mic position. The Alloy folder includes mixed IRs with real phase interaction as heard when using multiple microphones on a guitar cabinet. The Ace folder includes picks of the best material in this collection.

Please note that this is the last of the "CK" Cab Packs. Future releases from CK (and there are a lot coming!) will be under the new brand "ML SOUND LAB".

Cab Pack 9 - CK's Euro 4x12 - UltraRes™ has been released in our store.

Fractal Audio Systems - Cab Pack 9: CK's Euro 4x12 - UltraRes

Cab Pack 9: CK's Euro 4x12 - UltraRes contains 200 User Cab IRs produced for Fractal Audio Systems by Mikko Logrén of ML SOUND LAB. This collection includes separate IRs of all four speakers of the cabinet to give you the full variety of its tones. This Pack also includes the Alloy IR Mix Collection, with intentional inter-microphone phasing to add the unique but pleasant character we expect when using multiple microphones on a real guitar cabinet.
In addition this Cab Pack includes presets for the Axe-Fx II, XL and XL Plus of all Euro amp sims and are balanced and raw representations of the Euro sound. The IR used for these presets (CK Euro Ace Mix) can be found in the “Single Mic Aces” folder.
User Cabs may be easily uploaded to your Axe-Fx II using Fractal-Bot, Axe-Edit, or Cab-Lab. This pack also includes the high resolution .IR files required to create your own original multi-mic UltraRes™ mixes in Cab-Lab.
Please remember: It is illegal to share Cab Mixes containing these or any commercial IRs. commercial IRs.
SPEAKER AND MICROPHONES

Cab Pack 9 features one speaker cab: the Euro 4x12, based on a Bogner™ 4x12 Slant Cab with Celestion™ Vintage 30® speakers.
Microphones used include:
Shure™ SM57
Royer™ R121
Sennheiser™ e906
Sennheiser™ MD421
Each microphone was used on each speaker of the cabinet. They were positioned in a variety of locations, listening and measuring to find "sweet spots". Different speakers are marked with letters A (bottom left speaker), B (bottom right speaker), C (top right speaker) and D (top left speaker). The numbers mentioned after the letters describe different variations of the mic position. The Alloy folder includes mixed IRs with real phase interaction as heard when using multiple microphones on a guitar cabinet. The Ace folder includes picks of the best material in this collection.

Please note that this is the last of the "CK" Cab Packs. Future releases from CK (and there are a lot coming!) will be under the new brand "ML SOUND LAB".

Any sound clips? would like to hear these first. I have your two other packs so i am sure i will like these... Just want an idea to see if i need these. Thanks Mikko Kent!

This pack comes with presets that you can hear in this clip:

The presets cover all the Euro amp sims in G3 format. The IR I'm using for these presets is the "CK Euro Ace Mix" IR.

This Cab Pack is definitely something different. Personally I never really liked the Euro amp sims before these IRs. The amps must be heavily voiced to fit their cabinet.

This cabinet has more middle frequencies and bite than any other V30 4x12 I've ever tried. So essentially it's that woody "always-cutting-in-a-mix" character we associate with "Euro". :) You most likely want to tweak your amp a little bit since these have more bite and middle frequencies than other IRs that I've created. I got the best djent sounds with this Cab Pack. It sort of reminds me of my Orange PPC412 with the honky mids but the high end of this cabinet has more bite and less fizz than Orange cabs.

Remember to have fun and explore! :)

Meh, read "Euro" so many times in the first chunk that I assumed legal reasoning was behind obfuscating the actual brand in the first place. But now I understand how assuming makes an ass out of more than just me :D

This pack comes with presets that you can hear in this clip:

The presets cover all the Euro amp sims in G3 format. The IR I'm using for these presets is the "CK Euro Ace Mix" IR.

This Cab Pack is definitely something different. Personally I never really liked the Euro amp sims before these IRs. The amps must be heavily voiced to fit their cabinet.

This cabinet has more middle frequencies and bite than any other V30 4x12 I've ever tried. So essentially it's that woody "always-cutting-in-a-mix" character we associate with "Euro". :) You most likely want to tweak your amp a little bit since these have more bite and middle frequencies than other IRs that I've created. I got the best djent sounds with this Cab Pack. It sort of reminds me of my Orange PPC412 with the honky mids but the high end of this cabinet has more bite and less fizz than Orange cabs.

Remember to have fun and explore! :)

I got the cabs havent had time to play yet.
Im assuming the presets refers to amp presets
What file are the presets in?

Clark, you've outdone yourself...again. Love what I'm hearing so far and presets too? very cool! although in several we'll need to unlink the global blocks, no biggie as long as everyone knows to do it. I think you've got a great concept brewing; doing cab's for specific amps! So, what's next? small box 1x and 2x10's (possibly a 4x10?) how 'bout some 1x and 2x12's? Oh when will it end, lol

Back
Top Bottom