Reverb hold

aziz

Power User
Do you feel that music often has too much sense and rhythm? No worries, throw away 7 minutes of your life while listening to the new reverb hold function in Axe. Piano style expression pedal, holding the chords with the reverb hold control.

Awesome demonstration of the new reverb hold feature. Very tasteful playing. What are you using to engage the hold? (Is an MFC switch even an option at this point, or will it require an update for the MFC?)

Cheers,

Lee

I plugged a regular synth sustain pedal into the Axe. Any kind of switch or expression pedal will work for this, but a regular latching switch might be the most annoying to use. Expression pedal is perfectly ok, then the hold switches on/off at 50%.

it sounds fantastic...now, i've ordered one of this keyboard sustainer pedals, but don`t know where to plug it in -MFC or pedal jack on the AXE FX II? plus how do i configer it so that reverb hold works. maybe Chris can do a little video :roll

Awesome demonstration of the new reverb hold feature. Very tasteful playing. What are you using to engage the hold? (Is an MFC switch even an option at this point, or will it require an update for the MFC?)

Cheers,

Lee

I don't own a MFC but I guess you could use an IA-switch and set it to momentary

Without using a midi board, plug it to the pedal jack in the back. Go to I/O -> pedal, select the suitable mode for the pedal (continous, momentary, latching). Go to I/O -> CTRL, assign the pedal to for example external 5. Finally, in the preset, attach the external5 to the hold parameter.

When I engage the hold function, the notes that I play while the chord is holding are dry. Are you using two reverbs in the patch? One for the hold function and one for the notes played while the chord is holding?

Yes, two reverbs. First is a shorter one, all the time, and second has a 15 second reverb and the hold function.

Ah, got it. I'll either pick up a similar pedal at the local guitar store or maybe just make one. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom