Axe-Fx II Firmware 15.00 Released

Just have to say that this a great FUN firmware. Everything is just working perfectly and sounds great right off the bat. Great work Cliff!

For those who just play and don't look, there's a lot of presets (from new factory banks) that use the new ultra res factory cabs.
Super cool.

I have been out of the loop for a while. The v15 cab samples are Hi res meaning better than my Ownhammer and ready to plug into slots as is? Sorry hard to keep up with all the new stuff....

Can't wait to update! I don't care if I have to re-work some presets, it always ends up being an improvement in the end. sounds like this is a pretty major update- awesome!

Matter of taste surely. Have you ever been in a room with a Bassman dimed? That's what it sound like. Turn it down if you don't like it; that's kind of the point. Think of it as an educational tool.

Just from my limited, high gain experience, I was thinking every amp would be. Learning/re-learning tube amps. I'm finally hearing the shimmer that I've heard in recordings. I'm not saying this is what I want, but I've wanted to at least experience that if nothing else, without having to be a rock star player or something, and now I finally have. I'm finding I might like the 5150 models better than the Dizzy 4. And I'm back to my 'Ultra + R121', sounding much more like what I thought I was hearing in my early Axe days.

It seems to me the volume drop when the SAT is engaged is pretty drastic. I know it is what a real amp does but I do not remember it being that much of a volume decrease when engaged on my amps. I have a couple of patches that use scenes where the SAT is on or off depending on how much gain I need and it killed them...

increase the output level?

Added “Update Amps Defaults” and “Update Amps All Presets” functions to Utility menu. These two functions reset all advanced parameters in each amp block to default values. Tone controls and Drive levels are not reset. The first function updates the current preset, the second function updates all presets.

Can someone clarify what "Update Amp Defaults" is supposed to do? After loading FW15 and the factory banks, I restored my main patch. I then executed this option and nothing changed (X amp selected).

I guess more specifically, what values are preserved? I remember a list going around while Cliff was talking about adding this...but don't know where it ended up.

Also, any idea where the "Update All Presets" option went to? Is it no longer needed? Did not see anything in the release notes.

Apologies if these were already answered - this thread is too big to read each post :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can someone clarify what "Update Amp Defaults" is supposed to do? After loading FW15 and the factory banks, I restored my main patch. I then executed this option and nothing changed (X amp selected).

I guess more specifically, what values are preserved? I remember a list going around while Cliff was talking about adding this...but don't know where it ended up.

Also, any idea where the "Update All Presets" option went to? Is it no longer needed? Did not see anything in the release notes.

Apologies if these were already answered - this thread is too big to read each post :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...e-15-00-released-post1057403.html#post1057403

It seems to me the volume drop when the SAT is engaged is pretty drastic. I know it is what a real amp does but I do not remember it being that much of a volume decrease when engaged on my amps. I have a couple of patches that use scenes where the SAT is on or off depending on how much gain I need and it killed them...

I'll be honest (and I feel like a whingebag for saying it!) but I really don't like this behaviour. I've never experienced this with any of the real amps I've owned. When I add saturation I get compression sure, but that just means lack of dynamics. I've never had a severe volume decrease like this. To me it sounds completely unrealistic.

Something you chaps need to investigate then, because something definitely went awry here and I certainly didn't change it!

Sounds like you did a RESET SYSTEM PARAMS from the Utility>Reset menu after you upgraded your firmware to me. It will set your Input Mode to Left Only which is the default.

Upgrading the firmware does not change those parameters. Maybe you can do a video showing your Input Mode set to L+R SUM and upgrade again and show us it changed? I have loaded firmwares hundreds of times and FW15 multiple times and it has NEVER touched the Input Mode as you suggest.

Last edited:
I'll be honest (and I feel like a whingebag for saying it!) but I really don't like this behaviour. I've never experienced this with any of the real amps I've owned. When I add saturation I get compression sure, but that just means lack of dynamics. I've never had a severe volume decrease like this. To me it sounds completely unrealistic.

The real Friedman BE has this volume drop.

Back
Top Bottom