Tele + Axe-FX FW15 Matchless DC30 = HUGE!!

orangenoise

Inspired
I'm so inspired by the sound of the Axe-FX Matchless DC30 in FW15! I've been playing around with it for a week or so now and ideas just keep pouring out. Captured some of them in a bottle and made a tune out of em.

It's just the DC30 and a little reverb for the majority of the tune
The B-Section uses some quad-tap delay
Cab IR is Factory #93

Let me know what you think.

-Rob

Added Preset: Doppleganger.syx

Last edited:
Thanks guys!

Been noodling around some more with the DC30 model. It really really sits well in mixes. At least for my playing and tastes.

I've been going back and forth between it and the Morgan AC20 model continuing to use the same cab IR #93. There's some differences between the two for sure. Both are good in their own right. I see it as the Morgan has more of a low-mid emphasis and can be used to make something sound more "aggressive" in the low-mids. While the DC30 is very aggressive in the upper-mids.

For me though, the DC30 just has the best overdriven sound period. It just sounds so sweet!

Glad you've enjoyed the demo.

Cheers...

-Rob

It sounds real good. I think I will check all the voxy amps more now since I got me a Tele. :)

Did I say it sounds real good? It has the right amount of nastiness, you know, like green olives, it´s so nasty it´s good. (well at least that´s how I perceive green olives:) )

Hey did I mention already it sounds real good?

Thanks guys!

Been noodling around some more with the DC30 model. It really really sits well in mixes. At least for my playing and tastes.

I've been going back and forth between it and the Morgan AC20 model continuing to use the same cab IR #93. There's some differences between the two for sure. Both are good in their own right. I see it as the Morgan has more of a low-mid emphasis and can be used to make something sound more "aggressive" in the low-mids. While the DC30 is very aggressive in the upper-mids.

For me though, the DC30 just has the best overdriven sound period. It just sounds so sweet!

Glad you've enjoyed the demo.

Cheers...

-Rob

I was messing around with all the Vox style amps the other day, I always come back to the DC30. The Ac15 and AC30 sound much better in 15b as well. As much as I want to love the Morgan, it always sounds small to me. I know they are great sounding amps, and I have friends that have them and absolutely love them....I just don't vibe with the the model in the Axe. (it's me, I'm sure, not the model)

Which cab is #93, I can't recall (and won't be able to fire up my Axe until my gig tonight)

I was messing around with all the Vox style amps the other day, I always come back to the DC30. The Ac15 and AC30 sound much better in 15b as well. As much as I want to love the Morgan, it always sounds small to me. I know they are great sounding amps, and I have friends that have them and absolutely love them....I just don't vibe with the the model in the Axe. (it's me, I'm sure, not the model)

Which cab is #93, I can't recall (and won't be able to fire up my Axe until my gig tonight)

Yeah I guess the Morgan can sound small at times. I think it's due to the low-mid emphasis. Doesn't sound as open as the DC30. I still use it though for some songs and it works really well. Cab 93 is the Factory Vox 2x12 Blues.

-Rob

Back
Top Bottom