Bug? Faslink port no midi thru

Wildkenny

Hi everybody ,

could be an Axe Fx bug, MFC bug or defective unit, sorry if I'm in the wrong section , hope you gonna tell me :)

just received brand new Axe Fx XL + MFC 101 and as you already know, it sounds great ! But ...
I’m using Faslink port , works perfectly with Ax Fx. The problem is I can’t get no midi information at midi Thru.
I tried with midi mode / midi cables and in this case midi thru is working.
All cables work perfectly. Tried with and without Axe Fx mode on MFC 101, same issue. Also tried to reset both, same thing. And of course I have latest firmwares (14.03 + 3.04)

Thanks for your help

Last edited:
MIDI Thru is a hardware MIDI through from MIDI In. Data from the MFC will not be present at MIDI Thru.

Very bad news... That make sense . But I can see in user manual (3.4.11) a configuration with MFC to Axe with Cat 5 cable then controling outboard processor from midi thru. (couldn't test , I don't have the cable) . In this case, either nothing at midi in, but midi thru (apparently) working. So why not with Faslink ? Could a next firmware change this ?

Confused by the diagram in user manual. Echoing to MIDI Out , that's what I was looking for. Gonna wait for V 15. Thanks for answer.

Back
Top Bottom