Post pictures of your studio

Yeah!
clap.gif

I haven't been near a stack and real drum kit in years (don't want to either!
laughing.gif
) but there's no denying how cool that is!

The other piccys on your Flickr page are fantastic too fella
thumbsup.gif

Thank you. Yes, love my photography these days.

Hey Severed, I see a Monster power conditioner on your Axe. What are your thoughts of integrating one or not?
Just got me an Axe FXII and I am considering one as I use one for my surround sound.
Cheers from Niagara

Been using it for 7 years now without issue, previously powered my 2 Marshall stack rig before going all Axe FX II. The main reason I bought it was for the 2 stage power on/off so it kills the power amp outlets a few seconds before the rest of the outlets preventing the "digital pop."

It does what it does, and there are lot of other offerings. I always ignore the bad reviews unless there is a ridiculous amount of them, but generally IME, only the disgruntled 1-2% will have a bad experience and make sure their complaints are vocalized on the internets.

Let's face it Paco, half of the cretins in the UK Have a poor grasp of their native tongue. They frequently employ double negatives, poor spelling, punctuation and tautology when conversing in polite society. I personally blame Twitter, text messaging, X Box and Burberry (chavs) for inspiring a whole generation to try and out dimwit each other. It's actually one of the reasons why I left Facebutt. My internal grammar Nazi, couldn't deal with the fact that anyone with genitals has the right to spawn an illiterate bastard offspring and unleash them onto social media, whilst poor old me has yet to acquire the ability to reach down the fibre optics and repeatedly punch them in the dick/ovaries for offending my eyes and hurting my brain.

Sigworthy. ;) :)

2 Q'sfor Severed

1. besides the 2 stage pwr on/off are there any other advantages?
2. What model of monster are you using?

Cheers from Niagara, CANADA

Very nice, guys. I must say, I envy you. My wife lets me use just one corner of our bedroom and she uses my Axe FX to keep her bra on it. So I'm not posting any photos of my home studio this time.

Very nice, guys. I must say, I envy you. My wife lets me use just one corner of our bedroom and she uses my Axe FX to keep her bra on it. So I'm not posting any photos of my home studio this time.

Lol, that´s harsh, brother. Let´s hope she makes it up to you while the Axe FX is looking after her bra ;)

This disaster...

rig_and_guitars_20.jpg

...became this setup.

IMG_4142.JPG

IMG_4139.JPG

IMG_4141.JPG

I worked with GIK Acoustic on the bass traps and acoustic panels.

AD/DA is handled by a Lynx Aurora 16 into a PC Audio Labs rackmount PC via RME HDSPe MADI. Main monitoring is handled by Focal Solo6Be, headphone distribution through a Rane MH-4; and I have the EV PA speakers fed via a QSC PLX-1602 amplifier. The QSC HPR 122i are also available.

Signal Chains:
- Microphones: 8 channels of Grace Designs M801 through Mogami W2534 (which is on the FedEx truck and should be here today) that will primarily be used for drums, piano and acoustic guitar. 4 channels of M-Audio Audio Buddy.

- Guitar: Axe-FX Ultra

- Bass: Avalon U5 via Zaolla Silver Line cables; SansAmp PSA-1; Axe-FX Ultra

I have a pair of Latch Lake micKing 2200 stands. They are great. I can put them out of the way and get my overheads right where I want them and they don't ever droop.

I got the idea for the wire shelving to hold the guitar cases from a post I saw on The Gear Page.

I love this space. The kids practice in the room and I have a place to work on my projects. The room sounds much better with the GIK panels. It would have been nice to sound proof it but it was cost prohibitive and would have changed the room to the point where my wife would have been uncomfortable with the changes.

Attachments

• rig_and_guitars_20.jpg
    rig_and_guitars_20.jpg
    302.6 KB · Views: 12
This disaster...

rig_and_guitars_20.jpg

...became this setup.

IMG_4142.JPG

IMG_4139.JPG

IMG_4141.JPG

I worked with GIK Acoustic on the bass traps and acoustic panels.

AD/DA is handled by a Lynx Aurora 16 into a PC Audio Labs rackmount PC via RME HDSPe MADI. Main monitoring is handled by Focal Solo6Be, headphone distribution through a Rane MH-4; and I have the EV PA speakers fed via a QSC PLX-1602 amplifier. The QSC HPR 122i are also available.

Signal Chains:
- Microphones: 8 channels of Grace Designs M801 through Mogami W2534 (which is on the FedEx truck and should be here today) that will primarily be used for drums, piano and acoustic guitar. 4 channels of M-Audio Audio Buddy.

- Guitar: Axe-FX Ultra

- Bass: Avalon U5 via Zaolla Silver Line cables; SansAmp PSA-1; Axe-FX Ultra

I have a pair of Latch Lake micKing 2200 stands. They are great. I can put them out of the way and get my overheads right where I want them and they don't ever droop.

I got the idea for the wire shelving to hold the guitar cases from a post I saw on The Gear Page.

I love this space. The kids practice in the room and I have a place to work on my projects. The room sounds much better with the GIK panels. It would have been nice to sound proof it but it was cost prohibitive and would have changed the room to the point where my wife would have been uncomfortable with the changes.

Is the Disney Collection book yours....? ;)

Only joking dude! That's a lovely setup, one I would aspire to myself!

Back
Top Bottom