Zap A Gap

Any heard anything on this coming to FM3.....a beta even ?
I wouldn't expect them to start porting it to the other machines until they've finalized it and got it stable on the III, wait until it comes out of beta there then we'll hear something.

superman flying GIF

Yes, but giving the current posts of the AFIII FW release being 10% more demanding in CPU even with gapless off.... that's where I'm coming from.
I suspect the CPU gain is not related to the gapless switching because we weren’t hearing reports of major changes in CPU when it was first introduced. We knew there should be a minor bump and the reports seemed to be in line with that.

Many other blocks were changed so they could have a problem or it could be cumulative. And, perhaps it’s because more people are trying the release version, or maybe people didn’t notice and mention it, but I think Cliff will figure it out if he gets presets that duplicate the problem.

I haven’t had a chance to load it and check but will in a few minutes.

I tested against v.22.01 and gapless switching adds about 1.5% CPU, which we were told to expect.

I saw another 2-4% that I still suspect is reverb and the other changes. Nothing I saw was close to 10%. Anyone who has a preset showing that big an increase should post it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom