Yeks preset collection and sound samples (Ultra)

Thank you so very very much for a excellent job, the pathes sound just incredible :)
Can you please eksplain where to find
07: Ownhammer G12H65 (sm57)

I can't find it on Ownhammer's site

Yek,

Thanks so much for these. A quick note for other users intending on trying these out:

I found that some of the presets (Dr Z & Shiva crunch amoungst others) sounded terrible when I first loaded them into my Axe FX. I eventually realised that all the patches that sounded really bad were the ones using global amps. When I viewed the AMP settings using Axe-Edit everythings seemed to be fine, but when I checked the same AMP settings from the LCD screen of the AxeFX I realised that AxeEdit was completely lying. Whilst Axe-Edit showed the settings that were intended to be used, in actual fact the preset was using a tube preamp with default settings.

Once I had re-setup global amps 4, 6 & 7 using the buttons on the AxeFX (because you can't tweak global amps using AXEedit - everything is greyed out) the patches then sounded great (just like the sound clips!). Re-entering the settings for the global amps is easy...I just read the values off my PC monitor from AxeEdit.

Thanks.

Yes, that's correct. Those are the globals I use. Too bad Axe-Edit can't handle globals properly. :-(

Thank you sooo much for your Mark IV Lead patch, I am going to be using the Tube Drive and Usa Lead 1 settings as my go to lead tone, just unreal!

Alan Ayelan:
For two years I have work to edit from the previous editor sound such as the ones you have. To know avail. However, Yek, You work is the best. All the sound that I have been trying for until I found you. Great work. Look to see the next upload. Thank you very much.

Yek,

Thanks so much for these. A quick note for other users intending on trying these out:

I found that some of the presets (Dr Z & Shiva crunch amoungst others) sounded terrible when I first loaded them into my Axe FX. I eventually realised that all the patches that sounded really bad were the ones using global amps. When I viewed the AMP settings using Axe-Edit everythings seemed to be fine, but when I checked the same AMP settings from the LCD screen of the AxeFX I realised that AxeEdit was completely lying. Whilst Axe-Edit showed the settings that were intended to be used, in actual fact the preset was using a tube preamp with default settings.

Once I had re-setup global amps 4, 6 & 7 using the buttons on the AxeFX (because you can't tweak global amps using AXEedit - everything is greyed out) the patches then sounded great (just like the sound clips!). Re-entering the settings for the global amps is easy...I just read the values off my PC monitor from AxeEdit.

Thanks.

Strange. Globals worked fine for me.

Last edited:
hi yek/all sorry if this has been asked over and over, I couldn't find it after many searches. Are these global setting any where that Yek uses? I looked on his wikki pages and his read me but can not locate them.
Thanks for all the great work and help you have given to total beginners!!!

The Readme (see first post) describes the global settings.
Input: stereo.
I/O source: Front analog.
Output: stereo (at home) or Sum L+R when gigging.
Global EQ: flat except 63Hz is all the way down.
Global power amp and Cab sim: on.

thank you, as you could see by the time I sent the message I was burning the midnight oil and must have missed it!!

Yek-
New Axe-Fx user here.
a) With Axe-Edit MacOS version and Globals work for me.
b) Almost nothing else does. When I open the preset in Axe-Edit, I see a lot of disconnects and nothing in terms of sound on my speakers. Even when I connect everything, no sound.

Help needed.....

A lot of my presets contain Ultra-specific things. Such as the RingMod, Filter3 and 4, PEQ3 and 4, etc.
If you load such a preset into your Standard, that block will be empty.

Furthermore, I use external IRs in the cab slots. So you need to adjust the Cab blocks, select a stock cab. My Readme contains tips.

A lot of my presets contain Ultra-specific things. Such as the RingMod, Filter3 and 4, PEQ3 and 4, etc.
If you load such a preset into your Standard, that block will be empty.

Furthermore, I use external IRs in the cab slots. So you need to adjust the Cab blocks, select a stock cab. My Readme contains tips.

Thanks for tip on the presets.
I already moved out the UserX cabs and selected stock cabs. Will try and also go through the Readme file.

What am I missing? I've uploaded Yek's presets and am on current software. Some of the presets will work and some will not. All user defined cabs are populated and one thing I've noticed is the CPU is buried...104%. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Some presets use an expression pedal and you will need to follow the read me to have them set up properly. Ignore CPU on editor.

What am I missing? I've uploaded Yek's presets and am on current software. Some of the presets will work and some will not. All user defined cabs are populated and one thing I've noticed is the CPU is buried...104%. What am I missing?

Thanks!

Which ones don't work?

Back
Top Bottom