Wow

I just hope this isn't a sign of market consolidation and someone doesn't come along and offer Cliff a boatload of money for Fractal Audio. :blue:

In the Case of Harman it's maybe Not the best example...Harman bought AKG years ago and the quality of their Microphones and Headphones is still outstanding, JBL has also improved their Product line and DBX is still a winner. The advantage of their "Pool" is, that JBL is using Crown Amps in their aktive speakers...lexicon is using dbx-Preamps....

....no, I'm not a an employee from Harman :) just my few Cents....
....yes, I like Yamaha-Products....THR10x, MSP-5, 01V, ....

I was referring to what Harman did to Digitech and Lexicon, and even JBL. They now focus more on cheap mass appeal than innovation and quality.

So let's Hope that the Day is Far, when Yamaha Makes an offer to Cliff, where he can't say "No"...the Day will come, even if you call me a heretic now...

But if I'm wrong (I really Hope so) it will be Even harder to stand it's ground for a small "Custom Shop" like FAS (that's how I See FAS personally, and this is meant as a compliment)
If a Big Player can't buy, what he wants to get, he often will try to destroy it....

Meh. Yamaha tried to buy Mesa Boogie back when it was still a small custom shop and Randall didn't want to sell. Seems to have worked out pretty well for him...

You can't blame the owner of any company for having an exit strategy. If Cliff sells one day, I say "good for you, you earned it". I've been self-employed for almost 13 years now, it is tough to innovate and stay competitive year after year with all the ups and downs and stresses so I sympathize with any owner who comes to the point where he feels its "just time".

I hope the Yamaha/Line6 deal ends up being great for the market. Think what you will of Line6, they are trying to solve problems for a certain segment of the market and they have plenty of happy customers, that's what its all about.

+1. as a Self-employed for about 10 years now i can understand your thoughts.
No matter what the Future will bring for FAS and their customers...Cliff created a total Game changer with the axe and has already earned his Place in the Hall of Fame next to Jim, Leo, Les, Bill and the Other Big Boys....

and I'm very excited about the Future of L6\Yamaha...

I wouldn't "blame" Cliff of course, but it would be profoundly sad if he sold Fractal. Some people struggle mightily to deliver sustained innovation, Cliff (& crew, since he's way past the point where he could do everything on his own), seems to be cranking it out effortlessly. He's achieved a lot, yet there are still so many obvious applications to the technology he developed. Now, if Fractal eventually runs out of steam, then exit is totally a possibility, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Keep improving the state of the art, Cliff.

Suffice it to say, they make it look effortless, like a great guitarist. But, we only see the tip of the iceberg.

Looks like Line6 gave up not Yamaha.

Line6 gave up long ago. I had their very first AxSys 212 combo, AX212 upgrade (!) and all POD XT\XT Live\POD Pro up to the HD-500. They were the absolute forerunners and lost it some time ago. Got lazy and sat on their laurels. A case of the tortoise overtaking the hare and ending up with side rockets with the word 'CLIFF' on the side of them! The Axe-FX and MFC-101 may be one hell of a lot more expensive, but it absolutely crucifies any Line6 product.

If anyone ever did buy out Fractal Audio, they'd have nothing without Cliff. His dedication to constantly improving and perfecting his products, and listening to his customer base and making improvements is what makes the Axe FXII so good. Even if another company built something new that did everything the Axe FXII does now and more, they'd be static, but Cliff would not. He keeps moving ahead. He'd soon pass them up. He really cares about quality and it shows in his products.

Back
Top Bottom