Wow

The only Line6 product I've ever owned was a JM4 Looper. It had a ton of features, but a user interface designed by someone who hated humans and had a huge grudge against us meatbags. I not so much as sold it as exorcised it from my rig. I was never so happy to get Boomerang 3 phrase sampler.

I do think Line6 provides some nice value products. The HD series packs a lot of cool features for its low price. The Spider amps, on the other hand....YIKES....fizz!!!!

That said, I feel Line6 does offer a pretty good lineup for musicians of more modest means. I would've loved to have them around in the 80s when I started playing. Back then, you started with a crappy solid state Peavey amp (and dammit, we liked it!).

i think Line6 does what it does very well at it's price point. no reason to even mention it being nowhere near fractal....we'd all be pretty pissed if the pod hd could even scratch what the Axe can do, while doing it at 1/5 the cost.

Personally, I've never really like their amps, although the POD's were quite good for the money. The jewel in their crown for me in the Relay G90. I love that thing. Nothing at that price point comes remotely close.

I've always thought Line 6 made some solid pieces of kit.

They really brought amp modeling into everyone's head and "started the conversation".

IMO they strike a good balance between feature set and price point.

They also seem to like to have fun with it. Like some of the Mackie documentation. A sense of humor about it. I dig that too.

At some point the founders of any successful business think; do we spend a huge lump of cash to R&D the next level needed to compete or do we retire and buy that lodge in Aspen and a couple of Ferraris. I suspect the timing of this deal is super smart. No one could ever accuse Line6 of not being good business men. I have given Line6 a lot of money over the years and resented most of it.

They should have bought the license to the code or hired the people who did the Hughes & Kettner Zentera. I still have a Zentera combo amp & it was way ahead of it's time & kills anything L6 has ever come out with. Too bad they dumped the Zentera. Maybe if they had kept up with it they would have given Fractal a run for their money!

Back
Top Bottom