Wish List forum feedback

Re: Metronome

MarkR said:
I don't check back here as often as I should, so you can throw vegetables at me if this has already been talked to death. I saw it on the master wish list so I just want to put in a vote for a metronome with a click sound(no beep) sent to the outputs as a separate sound so you can keep playing whatever patch you are on. You could hide it in the tempo menu...looks like there's room for a page.... also volume control and what the hell.. why not a modifier on the volume. That would be great for warming up, especially through headphones, before gigs, late night practice, ect..

Thanks!

Not only that. When incorporated with another wish list fave, HEADPHONE OUT, you should be able to redirect metronome onto headphone only. AND on top of this, a blinking led, or inside the lcd display so you can WATCH the tempo. Say you're playing live and starts the song with a in tempo delay riff. It's convenient to just watch, or with a headphone walkman, just have the click in one ear and start the song off. Once you start the song off, you're done and can drop everything. Of course it should be time divided... that if you have a 1000 ms delay on it should not beat at that tempo but on 500ms / i e 120 BPM. And so on.

I tried to do a search on the forum on this topic to no affect, and this - wish list - but I don't know if it exists yet, or you can divide the Ultra FX in totally separate processing for left and right:

When watching the online demo video of Adrian Belew demonstrating Ultra with his Parker Fly guitar one thing struck me. It would be good to have a totally separate processor for the piezo element output that's so common on Parker Fly guitars and others as well. So you can have the sort of type of acoustic modelling going on in a Fishman Aura type processing/modelling unit and lot's of parametric EQ to tame the sound of the piezo element of a Parker Fly. And of course, separate reverb and such things. Totally different from the electric processing of course. That would render a completely new unit and probably get horrenduosly expensive I think.... But anyway.... ;)

Because I am not sure people would accept what is possible today in getting acoustic simulation with the magnetic pickups, say, the patches used today for mimicking piezo or acoustic through ordinary magnetic pickups of a guitar. All of them sound, lame IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom