What doesn't the Axe Fx do effect wise

No, it's a stereo widener. TC Mimiq is a faux double tracker. When used in stereo they have a similar effect of widening the sound but Mimiq's faux double tracking is wider than the Haas effect (Enhancer block classic mode) as you can hear in my short demo above.
Dual pitch function has a more genuine feel to it when automated in the same exact way the mimic does.not only can you automate timing but also pitch differentiation. You can make it as loose or tight as you like and wide as yo like as well because each individual pitch in dual pitch can be panned. this makes a more true double tracked feel vs having phase issues with the other methods.

@iaresee had an interesting thread about matching the compressors to real pedals here - https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/uglier-compressor-algorithms.177609/page-2#post-2163731

@Will Schut great point about using gear that inspires or that you're experienced with. I'm borrowing an HF-2 at the moment so I'd be keen to try your favourite settings on the real pedal.
Okay, Meet my "Vintage Squadron". Settings might just have been glued like this, knobs untouched for decades..... :)

Attachments

• Vintage Squadron.jpg
    Vintage Squadron.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom