Warmoth guitar bodies - top wood options?

They gotta figure out where the bottlenecks are first, then they can think about strategies to improve things.

But first you have to notice and admit that there's a problem. And before that you have to care enough to bother.

No idea what layer is MIA over there, corporate, dev, individual people etc.

The Warmoth neck I have on my homemade Strat is an unfinished roasted maple neck and fingerboard with a modern profile and stainless steel frets. It's extremely resonant and comfortable and will hold a note with ease.
Can't argue with success. :)

For the record, "can be" /= "always are." There are good ones, too.

Warmoth has many custom wood options available with actual pictures of the wood and pricing.
Are you talking about the Unique Choice options? Yes, they have some nice options but the original question in this thread was about the thickness of the top not the figure...

So I heard back from Warmoth that they don't have a routing option for the Gotoh GE-1996T :(

I suppose I could go with a Schaller but feels weird the they can't handle the Gotoh.

@Andy Eagle - what are your thoughts? In the past I would have been ok with the Schaller but I seem to recall there may be some quality issues?

So I heard back from Warmoth that they don't have a routing option for the Gotoh GE-1996T :(

I suppose I could go with a Schaller but feels weird the they can't handle the Gotoh.

@Andy Eagle - what are your thoughts? In the past I would have been ok with the Schaller but I seem to recall there may be some quality issues?
You could get them to rout for the original Floyd and use the Schaller Lockmiester (it's the exact same) OR use a floyd nut and studs but put the 1996 on the OFR studs. New 1996 (etched logo) are the exact same size and work on OFR studs fine. Don't use the old Schaller Floyd it is a unique size and has a cast zinc baseplate.

You could get them to rout for the original Floyd and use the Schaller Lockmiester (it's the exact same) OR use a floyd nut and studs but put the 1996 on the OFR studs. New 1996 (etched logo) are the exact same size and work on OFR studs fine. Don't use the old Schaller Floyd it is a unique size and has a cast zinc baseplate.
So, the Lockmeister would fit the same top route for a recessed trem as OFR?

I got an email back saying they offer OFR, Schaller and Kahler routes as far as double locking.

I wish the Lockmeister had locking studs...

Edit:

And quite a bit more expensive :(

So, the Lockmeister would fit the same top route for a recessed trem as OFR?

I got an email back saying they offer OFR, Schaller and Kahler routes as far as double locking.

I wish the Lockmeister had locking studs...

Edit:

And quite a bit more expensive :(
why the Lockmeister instead of an original German (by Schaller) made Floyd?

and yes, the Lockmeister should fit exactly. exact same meassures as the Floyd. I believe Schaller started making them as a direct replacement when the Floyd patents ran out...

and yes, the Lockmeister should fit exactly. exact same meassures as the Floyd. I believe Schaller started making them as a direct replacement when the Floyd patents ran out...
See the post above from @Andy Eagle...

Depends where you live but it tends to be considerably cheaper and basically identical.

Cost was why I went with the 1996 on my last build, And its discussed a lot on the unofficial forum as to why they don't offer the Gotoh, Its the supply vs demand there simply isn't enough demand for them to offer the 11mm locking studs.

Cost was why I went with the 1996 on my last build, And its discussed a lot on the unofficial forum as to why they don't offer the Gotoh, Its the supply vs demand there simply isn't enough demand for them to offer the 11mm locking studs.

That's a cool guit.........icon_yes.gif

Depends where you live but it tends to be considerably cheaper and basically identical.
ah, ok. isn't the Lockmeister even better materiall wise compared to the Schaller build Floyd?
thought I had read something along those lines when the Lockmeister was introduced...

ah, ok. isn't the Lockmeister even better materiall wise compared to the Schaller build Floyd?
thought I had read something along those lines when the Lockmeister was introduced...
Schaller makes both bridges. They are exactly the same except for the name stamped on it.

I don’t know if anyone corrected the record on the start thickness of top blanks of PRS guitars, but this is more like it. Mind you this is the wood library, and of course these have not been planed flat yet, but I have been to the factory a bunch of times and they have stacks to the ceiling of matched tops and bodies ready to go where the tops are very close to what you see here. This is for the run of the mill Core production guitars. Really the only way you can get a violin carve with the thickness of the scraped binding they have.

Back
Top Bottom