USB/Mac problem, too much power

It was too obviously the AX8. Once you eliminate the computer and cables there's not much room left. First step in beta testing, testing, is elimination. I've been a beta tester for another company for something like 15 years!
The computer could only be eliminated 100% when I asked if a PC showed issue. The previous tests were all done with Macs and the same few USB cables. Though this does put it at "99%" not the computer, there is still a chance that it was. I don't rule things out until 100%. That's how I Beta Test. I've been in many situations with the Axe where it actually turned out to be that 1%.

Too many times a thread is going on forever and the 1% is overlooked. So I (or someone else) asks - if you're not getting sound, is the Out 1 knob turned up?

People say that's dumb, of course it's up that's a dumb solution, who wouldn't turn up the out knob. Yet sure enough, that was it.

Realize that many of these issues on the forum can be solved much faster if we were in person, and not judging the situation from what people type. We need way more information via text than we do in person, and because of that, I don't rule anything out until 100% certainty. We got more and more detail as the thread went on, and then we could start ruling things out 100%.

Last edited:
Yeah, basically what it was doing was the sort of thing that trips breakers in your house. A circuit needs resistance and there was none with those pins soldered together. It's nice that your computer recognized the problem it didn't fry your USB port on the computer. I wonder if that would be a problem on some computers... Glad it's working again. FAS rocks!

Yeah Chris, but I thought he said he tried it on 3 different Macs. Unless other people are having the same problem on Macs, I think at that point you can begin to look elsewhere, like something in the device itself.

Yeah Chris, but I thought he said he tried it on 3 different Macs. Unless other people are having the same problem on Macs, I think at that point you can begin to look elsewhere, like something in the device itself.
definitely, and we did. but still not 100% ruled out at that point. there was additional communication that you may not have seen as well. i'm really not trying to prove anything or argue here :) let's just continue to help people the best we can.

Back
Top Bottom