Unique guitars

How about this one (had it with me during my 2.5-month stay at the hospital back in 2005)...

dsc00146.jpg

dsc00155.jpg

Also, in my book, every single Parker Fly (Deluxe, Classic, Mojo etc.) falls into the "unique guitar" category.

You know I have come to really appreciate Tyler guitars, just fantastic made things, so i bought another 82 like the one Schon got, excellent guitar...
and I am with Andy, i really really like the headstock, great design, i more dislike the softer curve ones like on Suhr or anderson, the Tyler reminds me of my best Pal, its like an upside down dogs head!

James Tyler 1982 White.jpgJTheadstock.jpgRustyB.jpg

It's not that shape that bugs me so much, though I'm not actually a fan of it, it's all the repetitions of his name. Super cheesy looking visually, and comes off like standing in the middle of the street with bullhorn shouting it. IMO, YMMV, yadda.

It's not that shape that bugs me so much, though I'm not actually a fan of it, it's all the repetitions of his name. Super cheesy looking visually, and comes off like standing in the middle of the street with bullhorn shouting it. IMO, YMMV, yadda.
James Tyler is not like that at all. It came about when he was modding other peoples guitars, he would just run the strip of names over the existing decal. Then it became a reaction to people asking for a strat head. This is a guy who did the Joe X brand with "made in America by assholes" on the head.
images.jpeg

View attachment 120793

Here’s my Emerald Amicus. I don‘t really know how to describe it as it’s a bit larger than a mandolin but tuned like a regular 12-string (although much higher). It’s a lot of fun to play and sings wonderfully. Since it’s an odd scale, I’m using it for an original songs project.

I played one of these before. Man was it fun! Yes kinda like a mini 12 string. :)
A store in Chicago carried them, like ~12 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom