Turning on muliple effects with one switch

xguitar48x

hey everyone, i did use the search function and looked at the manual and wiki's for this but i still am really confused how to do this. :eek:ops I have a MFC, and i just want to make it turn on Reverb when i turn on Delay. I know its probably stupid simple but im having trouble figuring it out.. Thanks in advance!!

Go to the front panel, I/O, control menu and assign the same cc to reverb and delay, then when you turn on reverb it will also turn on delay.

External conrol refers to the 12 controllers available to you when hitting enter on most parameters, like bypass

Go to the front panel, I/O, control menu and assign the same cc to reverb and delay, then when you turn on reverb it will also turn on delay.

I tried this but it didnt work for some reason.. tried going through the manual and everything..

Or maybe you should assign an external control to bypass both FX at the same time, so in your other patches there's still the choice of bypassing the FX separately.

Tried this too with the footswitch.. is it to much to type a step by step?? I know its probably something stupid im doing wrong.

What are the cc numbers for delay1 and reverb1 in your Axe?
Do you have both blocks in the preset for testing?
Do you have an IA switch on your MFC set up for delay1?

is your mfc in axe fx mode? are your IA switches set to have an Axe function or simply a CC#? if you don't know what i just asked, my MFC initial setup vid might help.

What are the cc numbers for delay1 and reverb1 in your Axe?
Do you have both blocks in the preset for testing?
Do you have an IA switch on your MFC set up for delay1?

Delay 1 is 47, and reverb 1 is 83. Both blocks are in the preset. I don't think I have an IA set up bc I was confused as to what to do.

is your mfc in axe fx mode? are your IA switches set to have an Axe function or simply a CC#? if you don't know what i just asked, my MFC initial setup vid might help

I'm pretty sure its in axe fx mode. I'm not by my stuff at the moment but I don't have any IA's set up yet.

guys
if I were you I'd not mess around with the I/O: CTRL numbers
they are system wide and you stand a real good chance of configuring yourself into a mess

use either:
- an IA switch on the MFC that is configured to a CC number that maps to an 'ext ctrl' on the Axe: I/O: CTRL
for example, etx ctrl 1 = CC 16 so set up the switch in the MFC to CC 16
in Axe-Edit this will be modifier Extern 1
every effect parameter you assign to Extern 1 will then be under the control of this IA

or

- an external switch connected to the MFC [something like a Boss FS-6]
and likewise you set the switch to CC 16

my config is set like this:

MFC: ext ctrl 1 = XP1 --> Axe: I/O: EXT CTRL 16 --> Axe-Edit: modifer: Extern 1
MFC: ext ctrl 2 = XP2 --> Axe: I/O: EXT CTRL 17 --> Axe-Edit: modifer: Extern 2
MFC: ext ctrl 3 = XP3 --> Axe: I/O: EXT CTRL 18 --> Axe-Edit: modifer: Extern 3
MFC: ext ctrl 4 = XP4 --> Axe: I/O: EXT CTRL 19 --> Axe-Edit: modifer: Extern 4
MFC: ext ctrl 5 = XS1 --> Axe: I/O: EXT CTRL 20 --> Axe-Edit: modifer: Extern 5
MFC: ext ctrl 6 = XS2 --> Axe: I/O: EXT CTRL 21 --> Axe-Edit: modifer: Extern 6
MFC: ext ctrl 7 = XS3 --> Axe: I/O: EXT CTRL 22 --> Axe-Edit: modifer: Extern 7
MFC: ext ctrl 8 = XS4 --> Axe: I/O: EXT CTRL 23 --> Axe-Edit: modifer: Extern 8

i would suggest you to set up an IA switch for delay1 on the MFC, take a look at the manual, it's not that difficult.
Then you go to the menu I/O > control and you set the reverb1 cc to 47, same as delay 1 and you're done. Both rev1 and del1 will switch on and off with the IA switch.

But when you do that, you will never have separate control of those 2 effects. Just make sure you remember that if you choose to edit the I/O control page.

But when you do that, you will never have separate control of those 2 effects. Just make sure you remember that if you choose to edit the I/O control page.

+1 that's why it's best to handle multiple fx with modifiers...
also.. with modifiers you can do a great deal more than simply turning things off and on

But you will lose the Red/Green Leds on the MFC using IA to send cc... I like to see that there is no block in the chain when the Led is off.
But sure your suggestion is a good idea, no arguing.

You can do it with the X/Ys too .... changing those will not screw up any presets that I know of. Set the Reverb and Delay X/Y to the same number. Just another option ...

You can do it with the X/Ys too .... changing those will not screw up any presets that I know of. Set the Reverb and Delay X/Y to the same number. Just another option ...

I think that's the first solution we talked about? Just clarifying.

What I do, is that I'll setup a block of something I'm unlikely to use, say like Filter 4 (because there are 3 other filters you can use), and chain the effects I want behind it. Then I set the bypass to mute. So when you toggle Filter 4, it mutes everything after it. But for this to work you'll have to do a parallel path. So it could work in certain situations.

Assuming you can arrange your effects into parallel paths, then this way you still can have individual control over each effect, as long as you have enough IA buttons on your control board.

What I do, is that I'll setup a block of something I'm unlikely to use, say like Filter 4 (because there are 3 other filters you can use), and chain the effects I want behind it. Then I set the bypass to mute. So when you toggle Filter 4, it mutes everything after it. But for this to work you'll have to do a parallel path. So it could work in certain situations.

Assuming you can arrange your effects into parallel paths, then this way you still can have individual control over each effect, as long as you have enough IA buttons on your control board.
This is what I do, when I can set up the patch to work that way. You don't even have to use an extra block, like your example of extra Filter blocks. I try to use a block like Amp that I can set up in each of the paths, and set its' bypass to mute... (it doesn't matter where in the path the block is, can be beginning, middle, or end, as long as bypass is set to mute)... for example, a rhythm sound on top line, a lead sound on the lower. (I tried to draw one out, but it was hard to get it to look right)

Now all you need to do is set up one IA to switch between Amp1 & Amp2. And you can still control all of the individual fx, assuming you have your board set up for them.

Back
Top Bottom