Turning on muliple effects with one switch

It will indicate the state if you toggle it via that IA switch. He was asking if the IA state could change when auto-engage is used to switch the block on/off.

That's exactly what I was asking. Thanks Bakerman. Wish it could do this though.

jeez... I think I'm having a bit of a blonde moment here....
cos I don't get why you'd want auto-engage on a switch.. a pedal yes.. but a switch??

using WITELITE's example:
I have one that kicks in the flanger and some additional volume.

if for example IA switch 11 was assigned to CC=20 [EXT CTRL 5]
in the modifier you'd assign the Flanger's bypass [set: thru] to extern 5
and also the level of 'something' [the amp or cab etc] to extern 5; where the min and max settings provide your level change

jeez... I think I'm having a bit of a blonde moment here....
cos I don't get why you'd want auto-engage on a switch.. a pedal yes.. but a switch??

The pedal is what would be the source for auto-engage in his example. He was just asking if an IA switch can reflect what's happening to the state of the block as auto-engage turns it on/off. That would mean you could have a pedal auto-engage 2 or more blocks, then choose to disengage one at any time via IA switch. You can still do that, but you'd have to press the IA switch twice assuming it began in the off state.

The pedal is what would be the source for auto-engage in his example. He was just asking if an IA switch can reflect what's happening to the state of the block as auto-engage turns it on/off. That would mean you could have a pedal auto-engage 2 or more blocks, then choose to disengage one at any time via IA switch. You can still do that, but you'd have to press the IA switch twice assuming it began in the off state.

ahhh...... gotchya.... jeez the brain is a bit slow today... lmao...

when it comes to the XP's I don't really care about LED's being lit..
I just know that toe down does 'stuff A' and heel down does 'stuff B'

I only care about LED's being lit / unlit on the XS's to indicate:
XS1 - if I'm in solo mode or not
XS2 - if my 'additional preset feature' is active or not
this additional thing could be a single effect [like a vibe] or a pile of stuff to create a specific new tone

what I don't try to do is to cram every single permutation of everything I do into a single preset...
I have a basic set of rules:
XP1 tone morphs [clean-dirty or synth-like-dirty etc]
XS1 - riff/solo switch
XS2 - 'extras'

this means I have a few presets that can handle the bulk of the live set
and a few variant presets to handle songs with special requirements

it prevents me from having to remember too much about what the XP's and XS's do from a performance perspective..
sure you can have XP's and XS's do a whole pile of things simultaneously
but it really helps if they all have a consistent purpose

the programming may be complex..
but from a performance angle it needs to be consistent, simple.. and therefore effective..

EDIT: so back to the original question
if you want a flanger to activate and a volume boost with the pedal
just know that on this preset, toe down is louder with a flanger
if this only works on two songs for example, use it on only those two songs..
if in the other songs you only want the volume boost, create another preset without the flanger..
keeps it simple...

That's what I'll do guys. Just would be cool to have a lighted visual as well if that were possible. Appreciate the help and knowledge!

MM

Back
Top Bottom