The mini rage thread

Home Printers. All manufacturers carefully design and meticulously build them to fail when you need them more, and to be able to infuriate the average person beyond limits. Aligning, cleaning, deep cleaning, paper types, all these options and arcane operations are only tricks to keep you busy while someone, far away, makes fun of you and your misery.
Yup. I used to own a HP printer/copier/scanner that worked wonderfully. The only issue the printer had was the limited lifespan of the printer cartridges. Two sets of 5 XL cartridges was about the same cost and then some of the original printer.

I eventually realized that most of my printing needs were black and white print, so the old printer which had begun to fail producing clean copies and required more than its reasonable share of maintenance, was recycled, and a B&W laser printer with B&W toner cartridge replaced the old inkjet printer.

This printer is about 18 months old and was purchased with a 5 year extended warranty in case of service issues. The printer sees daily use, though not high volume use. Its latest high volume project was a copy of a 240 page (120-double-sided page) document in B&W. Surprisingly, the printer did well and required no maintenance nor service issues.

My condolences to @Mohi for his printer woes. It's when a printer begins making bad imitations of the original document you gotta ask yourself if its worth the extra investment for a laser printer whose toner cartridge lasts almost an entire year.

Not a rage, just more of an annoyance/observation:

From time-to-time I'll do a search for guitar multi-effects units to see what's up. Fractal never appears on any search (I think I vaguely recall one time it popped up but it was heavily caveated due to availability). Anyway, I just can't take any list of supposed "best multi-effects" seriously that would ignore Fractal. It's really laughable to see the things that are on these lists and absolutely no mention that Fractal even exists.

I think it's really a miracle that I even stumbled upon the FM3. I was looking for something "better" (using Boss at the time) and I had sort of run out of options and something in my brain recalled somewhere that there was this mysterious Fractal unit out there (the AX8). I went to go buy one and discovered it was getting replaced by the FM3 and so I got on the waiting list. Wound up waiting something like 6 months +/- and it's been totally worth it!

Organic search is what they call the results you get below all the ads when you search on a term, e.g. “effects unit”. Because of Google’s business model being paid ads, their algorithms control not only organic search but also paid search (ads). So one issue could be a lack of content out there by publications or writers. The other issue is a company has to be very intentional about where they appear in the search results. They either have to pay and optimize their ads for companies like Google or by some means optimize their owned properties to have a better chance of appearing in a reasonable place in the list of results. Bottom line, search is rigged.

Also any time you search for anything with “best of”, “top 5”, etc. you are going to get a page of an affiliate business who gets paid a royalty for clicking on any link in the review that points you to a company or product. This last part is generally true - there is more detail and there are some exceptions.

Organic search is what they call the results you get below all the ads when you search on a term, e.g. “effects unit”. Because of Google’s business model being paid ads, their algorithms control not only organic search but also paid search (ads). So one issue could be a lack of content out there by publications or writers. The other issue is a company has to be very intentional about where they appear in the search results. They either have to pay and optimize their ads for companies like Google or by some means optimize their owned properties to have a better chance of appearing in a reasonable place in the list of results. Bottom line, search is rigged.

Also any time you search for anything with “best of”, “top 5”, etc. you are going to get a page of an affiliate business who gets paid a royalty for clicking on any link in the review that points you to a company or product. This last part is generally true - there is more detail and there are some exceptions.
Oh I understand all of that and I vary my search terms every which way. I even sift down through the first few pages of results and BTW Google is usually the very last search engine I ever use.

Bottom line is I think many reviewers are lazy and will only cover easy to obtain platforms. I also see a tendency to have convenient affiliate links on many of these sites so I'm sure they receive some small return if you clink the link then make a purchase.

Again, not really a rage per se, I just find it interesting that no one seemingly covers Fractal except for some YTs. I mean if you have an interest in identifying the best effect unit out there then FAS should be in any discussion regardless of how available it is or isn't.

Last edited:
People driving slower than the speed limit on the left lane (We drive on the right here) for miles because they have to take a left turn eventually.

Standing in line for a long time at a snackbar and the person in front of you, who has been standing there too all this time, starts thinking about what to get the moment he is being served. ' I'd like the uuuuuuhhhhh, and an uuuuuhhh'.

K, here's a good one in the "waiting to pay" category:

Background: The store counter is staffed with several employees each with their own register. A line of customers forms in front of the counter and each customer proceeds to a register when a cashier becomes free.

The Mini Enraging Episode: I get to a cashier and hand him/her my widget(s) and he/she begins processing it/them. In the midst of processing my order (typically at a critical juncture (ie handling cash or setting up the CC txn)), another cashier interrupts my cashier with a question. Instead of asking the other cashier to wait 20 seconds while he/she finishes with my transaction, my cashier engages with the other cashier for a significant period of time (yesireebub!, by this point, steam is beginning to form under my touque) - and then, sometimes not only does my cashier engage with the other cashier in the middle of my transaction, but my cashier actually walks away from their register where I'm standing unfinished, and walks over to the other cashier's register to get embroiled with the other cashier's customer about whatever question or circumstance the other cashier could not handle on thier own! Lord Give Me Strength!

Last edited:
People driving slower than the speed limit on the left lane (We drive on the right here) for miles because they have to take a left turn eventually.
I ended up accidentally being the cause for this rage when driving in the UK - a couple times I forgot about the driving in the left and found myself in the right tlane in the highway and was given a few emphatic middle fingers 😂 we ended up often rolling the window down and shouting "sorry, we're Canadian!" Before pulling over into the left lane.
I think the most often muttered phrase in the van was "I deserved that." 😂

All good but , UK motorists don't hesitate to tell you what they think lol

This MF'er right here:
1705261417845.png

Try listening to a video of a product featuring him on their site. You won't hardly hear a note from the featured instrument, but this man will just vomit out words and descriptions. It's like listening to Greg Olsen narrate a completed play during an NFL game.

Last edited:
leftists. ...and this happens on the right too. the ruling class increasingly forcing their lifestyle choices/agendas down our throats.

...they call themselves "legislators." they dont write the laws, barely read them before voting and heck, some dont even vote. oh, and the laws apply to everyone but them.

This MF'er right here:
View attachment 133234

Try listening to a video of a product featuring him on their site. You won't hardly hear a note from the featured instrument, but this man will just vomit out words and descriptions. It's like listening to Greg Olsen narrate a completed play during an NFL game.
Greg Olsen. Good lord, CIA black sites have replaced water boarding with recordings of his voice commentating on NFL games.

leftists. ...and this happens on the right too. the ruling class increasingly forcing their lifestyle choices/agendas down our throats.

...they call themselves "legislators." they dont write the laws, barely read them before voting and heck, some dont even vote. oh, and the laws apply to everyone but them.
I'll hip'n u 2 the lefti scene sir - we represent 12.32% of the guitarist community, responsible for such masturpieces as: Perpul Heyzz, War Figz, and Mizterloo.

Last edited:
Am just happy I'm not in Iowa just now, even though the news reporters are working on their (uh, how much is it now, Chuck?) 8th cup of coffee.

Woke up this morning to find my m1 macbook pro as dead as can be.

Wait, no, that's a full blown maxi rage. Ok, what else do I have...

Oh yeah, people who don't sync the audio and video on their instagram clips. Or any other type of video. It's annoying!

I get mini bummed out by guitar gear youtuber foot pedal action shots in which the player is not wearing shoes - I swear I can smell the stinky socks thru my screen - only thing worse is some turkey filmed turning on his fancy new effect pedal with bare feet - gross!, ya like I wanna see yur ugly spags with my pedal demo 🤢

I get mini bummed out by guitar gear youtuber foot pedal action shots in which the player is not wearing shoes - I swear I can smell the stinky socks thru my screen - only thing worse is some turkey filmed turning on his fancy new effect pedal with bare feet - gross!, ya like I wanna see yur ugly spags with my pedal demo 🤢
Back when I was a drummer, I used to play barefoot all the time.

Back
Top Bottom