The EUs AFX2s are HERE! Cliff! Everyone!

Personally the race is on for me.

I'm more than just interested in the Kemper now (odd as it looks). I have an Ultra already and if the AF2 became available I'd be selling the Ultra afterwards to claw back a bit of money. However, if the Kemper comes out first and is available then (taking it's suggested EU price into consideration) it's going to be roughly the same outlay for me with the exception that I can still hold onto the Ultra. Interesting.

I can get perfectly pleasing sounds from the Ultra and the cost of the AF2 new in the EU is certainly not cheap. I'm primarily a live player and not getting any younger, so the minor improvements in the AF2 won't really affect me so much as compared to the studio and home recordists out there. I already have a top notch audio interface to use with the Ultra at home if I feel like it, so the improvement in this area on the AF2 doesn't particularly light any fires for me. The Best may have got Better - but I'm not among the best guitarists in the world and upgraded equipment won't really improve that :)

If I lived in the US and was on the waiting list then no question about it I'd be going 100% for the AF2 because I know I'd be getting it sooner and at a better (well let's say cheaper) price. However, I live in the EU and there's a cheaper toy coming out for us which has a different approach to it's basic amp emulation process which by all accounts seems to work.

Yes, there are some initial shortcomings with the Kemper (fx, deep tweaking, single tonestack at the moment, etc) when compared to the AF2 - but if I still have an Ultra there should be some interesting routing possibilities straight away and while I don't expect future firmware upgrades (if any) to be coming at any great speed for the Ultra I would expect frequent ones for the Kemper addressing the shortcomings plus third party involvements just like RedWirez and Ownhammer do for the FAS products.

There are a few other things I like about the Kemper but talking about them on this forum is not the right place to do so.

If the G66 'Your AF2 is coming' email arrives first then it's AF2 but if not then it's probably going to be a different new gear day ...

This is not a dig at FAS in any way, I have heard their availability and distribution excuses and accepted them, therefore, this is my excuse for making a plausible alternate arrangement based on personal circumstances and products available on the market.

Nor is this a plug for the Kemper - it's not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure.

Whatever happens I'll still have a FAS product in my armoury and will be happy to have it there.

Almost my exact same thoughts.

I too have a recording interface Im happy with. The only real difference between your thinking and mine - is that as I have a Standard not an Ultra, upgrading the the AFX would add the fX the Ultra/AFX2 has that my standard doesnt.

Apart from that - - - totally agree and will almost certainly go the same way.

....and the response will be swift and decisive I bet. Personally, I'm not harping on about it because any comments regarding distribution/business practice/ethics/astronomy would be best served by shutting my mouth and using the time to play guitar.

:) in some way you are certainly right.

The EU will be served when they they see fit, and no amount of cajoling will change that.

maybe (and unfortunately probably) yes. but appeals won't hurt anybody. maybe they are useless, but at least they don't cost much :) if nobody appeals (in a friendly way), then nobody will be heard and the guys on the european waiting list will be in their well earned retirement before they get one. and considering the development of the population pyramid and necessary adaptations of pension, those then-grandfathers/grandmothers will not be able to pay for the axe by then :-DDD

Last edited:
Ichorus
Ordered mine in the end of June supposed to have mine in November + the MFC-101.

I would be happy to swap place with you :)

Who is optimistic now??? :)

AAEN

Any news from g66??

Every time this pops back to the top my heart jumps and I load my email...then I open this to disappointment and close my email.
Has been a while huh. Is it a week until its been a full month with no communication?

hi guys,
ordered end of march and g66 say no chance before october (which i presume means end of october / beginning of november), which i presume really boils down to february / march 2012 :-D. cheers!
nice greetings

hi guys,
ordered end of march and g66 say no chance before october (which i presume means end of october / beginning of november), which i presume really boils down to february / march 2012 :-D. cheers!
nice greetings
No change before October..So no chance being in the next 3 days then :)

Well I will def be getting the MFC then :D works out well for me.

Oh bollocks, ordered around the end of march too... bloody hell, a 1 year wait for a piece of gear :( That's absurd.

Depends on how you look at it TBH.

Im placing an order for a Suhr guitar, i have to put at least a 10% deposit down (which is 10% more than I did for the AFX2) and the wait time is quoted currently at around 11 months.

Sometimes twitter is handy, a stealthy update...... that we must all be looking at, WHY no email?

@G66eu "Next Axe-Fx II shipment expected to be ready mid-October. We will inform when we know how many units we will get."

In my last g66 email where they said I could probably get one at the end of october begining of november they also said this:

As soon as we know more about the September shipment we will inform you.

So I guess the september shipment never came?

I'm still waiting for the update

Wise guys....

September Oct....?

I think G66 stoppede naming the shipment by month. They just say: " ..next shipment..."

That is a wise move!

Still waiting. But the way things are going, with the latest development in the IR department in mind. I dont mind waiting a little longer:

When I get mine it will be even better :)

Greetings
AAEN

ps: Ichorus. My offer still stands(I HAVE read your posts - just kidding)

ps: Ichorus. My offer still stands(I HAVE read your posts - just kidding)

Well I don't think I will be in next shipment like I was told, I think it will be another low EU shipment. Maybe not even covering Januarys.
So I am still in line. It's even getting to the point where I could spend the money I have and save up for it again before it even comes.

Might have a Holiday.

i have given up on the AXE2 for now. but im really happy with the ultra and Atomic set up. i have some GAS for a 56 Gold Top now, which i started to save for.

hi guys,
we are fractal's exclusive world wide distributor for the planet zzijickkzagg12. we have a waiting list for axe fx 2 that is 49563 customers long, and are happy to inform you that we received 3 instead of the 2 announced devices for 2012. our waiting customers have just started a spontaneous party to celebrate this memorable event!
please take a moment of slience to honour this utterly beautiful moment of grace!
:-DDDDDDDDDDD

Back
Top Bottom