The EUs AFX2s are HERE! Cliff! Everyone!

Again more delays for the european shipments. Just received a mail from Sussi that again they will receive a limited number of units. I ordered April fools day. Time to
look around for another product.
As Cliff has stated somewhere in the forum,6 out of 10 units will hit the US market,2 out of 10 will ship to Europe and 2 out of 10 will ship to Australia + other countries.I am waiting for my ultra to be here by tomorrow and i have quitted the g66 waiting list

As Cliff has stated somewhere in the forum,6 out of 10 units will hit the US market,2 out of 10 will ship to Europe and 2 out of 10 will ship to Australia + other countries.I am waiting for my ultra to be here by tomorrow and i have quitted the g66 waiting list

That's not going to help the backlog any. Am sorry for those of you who quit the list. I understand your reasoning. Especially given the endless amounts of units up for grabs in the lounge and a hell of a lot more on ebay. But there's no possible way to make sure they are sold to players not entreprenuers. Hoping you can grab one further on down the road when the initial mad rush has eased off a little. It really is a fantastic unit but that said the Ultra is amazing too. Wishing you all the best and happy jamming when you get your Ultra Deathassian !

That's not going to help the backlog any. Am sorry for those of you who quit the list. I understand your reasoning. Especially given the endless amounts of units up for grabs in the lounge and a hell of a lot more on ebay. But there's no possible way to make sure they are sold to players not entreprenuers. Hoping you can grab one further on down the road when the initial mad rush has eased off a little. It really is a fantastic unit but that said the Ultra is amazing too. Wishing you all the best and happy jamming when you get your Ultra Deathassian !

+1 on the comment re the Ultra. At rehearsal the other day in prep for a gig this weekend in London, I started tinkering with a preset and came up with a tone that blew my existing tone (that I already loved) clean out the water - won't have time to polish it for the gig, but will definitely do so afterwards. Amazing unit that still amazes me regularly!!

(but still waiting patiently for the email from G66 giving me good news about the Axe II !)

Should arrive around my Birthday/Holiday if there is not another delay on the next shipment. *fingers crossed*

Last edited:
Should arrive around my Birthday/Holiday if there is not another delay on the next shipment. *fingers crossed*

Best of luck with the no delays part, dude! ;)

Personally, I'm off to sacrifice my first born upon the altar of Gognog, as he seems to be as effective in getting Axe IIs to the EU. ;)

Best of luck with the no delays part, dude! ;)

Personally, I'm off to sacrifice my first born upon the altar of Gognog, as he seems to be as effective in getting Axe IIs to the EU. ;)

haha, yeah I am not holding my breath, but I was meant to be in the last shipment, but that was not as big as they had hoped. We shall see ;)

So, still:
US: people added to waiting-list end of June, receiving coupons now == 3 months waiting time PLUS option to jump the line.
Europe: (converted) orders back from December 2010 receiving their confirmation now == 9 months waiting time and NO option to jump.
-->
(with triple bows and extra cute bambi-face): dear cliff, would you please, please, please, send slightly more units to Europe?! We'd be SO happy!
Nice greetings to all!

Last edited:
That will be my first fractal product,so based on what I am reading in this forum for the past year and in association with the amazing work yek has accomplished with axe wiki,I know I will be a very happy dude with my ultra...at least for 2-3years ,then as you say when the mad rush will ease off,I could jump on the axefx ii ship again

Nothing wrong in being an optimist :)

Hopefully you are right. BUT I wouldnt be surprised if the next shipment will arrive much later.

Look on Twitter to see the news. I will.

Kind regards

AAEN

I wouldnt hold out hope.

Notification of the last shipment was 31 Aug, with the shipping company picking them up on 1 Sep. At this time, there were less units than expected - with the remaining ones to come i n2 weeks.

Well -that 2 weeks has come and gone. I highly suspect the "remaining units" will be delivered at the end of Sep, and actually be that months shipment (rather than a make up shipment mid month with another shipment as planned). Says to me everyone else has been put back another month.

I agree. From what I've been communicated, I conclude that we are 'behind' about a month in Europe compared to the expectations of the last major 'availability e-mail newsletter' from g66.

I always say: let's keep on appealing to / politely asking Cliff (without any 'business suggestions' or 'ethical critique' or 'demaning *we've got the right to xyz* undertones' or anything negative at all) to please sent more units to Europe.

I agree. From what I've been communicated, I conclude that we are 'behind' about a month in Europe compared to the expectations of the last major 'availability e-mail newsletter' from g66.

I always say: let's keep on appealing to / politely asking Cliff (without any 'business suggestions' or 'ethical critique' or 'demaning *we've got the right to xyz* undertones' or anything negative at all) to please sent more units to Europe.

....and the response will be swift and decisive I bet. Personally, I'm not harping on about it because any comments regarding distribution/business practice/ethics/astronomy would be best served by shutting my mouth and using the time to play guitar.

The EU will be served when they they see fit, and no amount of cajoling will change that.

Personally the race is on for me.

I'm more than just interested in the Kemper now (odd as it looks). I have an Ultra already and if the AF2 became available I'd be selling the Ultra afterwards to claw back a bit of money. However, if the Kemper comes out first and is available then (taking it's suggested EU price into consideration) it's going to be roughly the same outlay for me with the exception that I can still hold onto the Ultra. Interesting.

I can get perfectly pleasing sounds from the Ultra and the cost of the AF2 new in the EU is certainly not cheap. I'm primarily a live player and not getting any younger, so the minor improvements in the AF2 won't really affect me so much as compared to the studio and home recordists out there. I already have a top notch audio interface to use with the Ultra at home if I feel like it, so the improvement in this area on the AF2 doesn't particularly light any fires for me. The Best may have got Better - but I'm not among the best guitarists in the world and upgraded equipment won't really improve that :)

If I lived in the US and was on the waiting list then no question about it I'd be going 100% for the AF2 because I know I'd be getting it sooner and at a better (well let's say cheaper) price. However, I live in the EU and there's a cheaper toy coming out for us which has a different approach to it's basic amp emulation process which by all accounts seems to work.

Yes, there are some initial shortcomings with the Kemper (fx, deep tweaking, single tonestack at the moment, etc) when compared to the AF2 - but if I still have an Ultra there should be some interesting routing possibilities straight away and while I don't expect future firmware upgrades (if any) to be coming at any great speed for the Ultra I would expect frequent ones for the Kemper addressing the shortcomings plus third party involvements just like RedWirez and Ownhammer do for the FAS products.

There are a few other things I like about the Kemper but talking about them on this forum is not the right place to do so.

If the G66 'Your AF2 is coming' email arrives first then it's AF2 but if not then it's probably going to be a different new gear day ...

This is not a dig at FAS in any way, I have heard their availability and distribution excuses and accepted them, therefore, this is my excuse for making a plausible alternate arrangement based on personal circumstances and products available on the market.

Nor is this a plug for the Kemper - it's not everyone's cup of tea I'm sure.

Whatever happens I'll still have a FAS product in my armoury and will be happy to have it there.

Back
Top Bottom