..SuperTweed Love

Remember hearing that Zep clip from Steadystate when he originally posted it. Still blows me away. Holy shit that's ridiculously good. LOL

what the hell!? that's the first time i've ever heard this, man. that's so close, it's spooky. if you told me that was some isolated stems, i would have believed you...

Have you listened to his van halen's eruption cover?

its as good as this in my opinion

The SuperTweed is my overall favorite model as well. It was my go-to classic Zep model in the Ultra (used to make the clip below). Even with all of the vast improvements in the II, the SuperTweed is still probably my overall favorite. It screams classic rock with every note. I used too much gain in the clip. It sounds even better dialed back a hair. I don't know if it was based on an actual amp or not. It knocks my dick right INTO my hand (if you get the reference...if not...please disregard).

P.S. I agree with a post above. If you like this amp so much, your IR pack is worth a try.

Any chance of posting the preset? Sounds amazing

Just want to "shout" out at this amp, as possible the best amp tone I have ever heard, fairly low gain setting (gain dialed in around 11oclock) just sings the choir of angels!.

Sure I understand its not everyone's cup of tea!. but Its my Tea, coffee & breakfast!..

That is all.!

EDIT: Forgot to mention the SpringVerb (medium) before the cabblock, and Im not allowed to comment on what IR I use :)

+1000

I play in a praise team and this is the amp I use more than any other for clean and light crunch tones. Just killer sound and it plays nice with a variety of IRs.

Have you got an Ultra..?

(steady still won't post the preset mind you - he's understandably protective of his work and professional position)
I'll post the Ultra preset. With the advent of Tone Matching with the II, getting tones isn't as hard as it used to be. What I used to spend many hours to achieve with the Ultra can now be accomplished in short order with the II. The IR was a stock/factory IR from the Ultra (with added eq). I'm sure Tone Matching with the II could get an even better result.

+1!!! Not only did he get every note, and NAIL the tones, but indeed, he seemed to get JP's inflections and speed-up/slow-down strangeness!

Yeah, I just smile to myself when some newbie starts questioning steadystate's ear (now don't get a big head there bro). Absolutely uncanny.

Funny... I have a preset I use with SuperTweed but its a "clean" patch... never even tried kicking it in the ass!

Now I need to go do so :)

Steadystate sure nailed that Zep/Page tone with the SuperTweed. I just looked at the amp list, and the "Supremo Trem" (A Supro with the 6973 tubes, that is what Page used) might be a good choice too.

Has anyone compared the two? I would, but I'm an Ultra owner...

I compared the Supro model to the SuperTweed the instant I saw it. I still prefer the SuperTweed for that type of tone. It has a character that no other model has.

I don't want to hijack the thread. I'll PM you when I look it up. I just want to spread SuperTweed love. Anyone who hasn't given it a spin....should give it a spin.

It's nice of you to not want to hijack the thread, but its hardly intrusive to post the name of the IR you use with an amp model in a thread about that amp model. If that is not on topic, what is?

I'm guessing he's not using one of his IR's...

IMO it wouldn't make much sense describing an awesome tone with an IR from someone else and making everyone curious about an IR he can't sell, and somehow making it seem like his IRs aren't good enough for the job? Maybe he doesn't have an adequate IR for the job.

Anyway that is what I thought.

Supertweed

I tried the Supertweed with all the various IR's & Ultrares one's available except from Andy's collection which I will try and purchase soon, but it all sounds more boxy and small compared to steadystate's tone. Stella playing on his part!!

Back
Top Bottom