STEVE VAI, THOMAS NORDEGG, THE AXE FX & SOME LABELS - A BEHIND THE SCENES STORY!

Thank you for sharing that experience with us. I really enjoyed reading it. You have a knack for writing IMHO.
Sounds like you had a blast and got to meet some really awesome people.
Thanks again.

Very nice! :) Glad you got to see the kind of work that goes on to put up a show. I think the real heroes are the guys who go on tour for ages, playing night after night, and their crew who keep it all together. I can't imagine doing it everyday, 6-8 months in a row, without seeing your family, friends etc. It's quite gruelling. The toughest part is staying off the parties - if you're partying every night, you're gonna need a hospital halfway through the tour lol, so gotta be careful. And great job on the labels!

Great story, Sukh! What a day that must have been, you lucky little Fractalhead, you! LOL I kid...what happened to you that day was clearly a result of your hard work and dedication to provide a top tier product. It just so happens that your client was a guitar monster that day. :) Do you happen to know what the Carvin TS100 was for in Steve's rack? That's the power amp I've always used with my Fractal rigs since 2008 when going through a real cab. Just wondering what Steve uses it for.

Glad you're all enjoying the story! Jiffzilla - I honestly don't know man. All I know has that he was using both legacy heads and the Axe FX II and it produced a sound that was truly immense.

Great story and adventure Toadfish! What a dream come true. You have a great sense of humor! (chips)

I could not stop thinking of Steve Vai & Thomas Nordegg as Batman and Alfred you know?

That humble man in the background making sure everything is set.

michael0gough-2011-a-p.jpg

I’m more of a fan now than I was before I went, but more so of Thomas Nordegg than anyone. One of the most interesting, genuine and generous people I’ve had the good fortune to meet. If you get the chance, check out his YouTube video on the crazy guitar rig he’s building and if you get the chance to meet him, make sure you have some Velcro to share :)

Notice the blue-grill vox in the background from 0:38, warms my heart:

Back
Top Bottom