Pro Audio 1U ss Power amp review

Tom King said:
tgunn said:
What is still a mystery to me is what's going on between Class-D and Fractal. Maybe I've got this whole thing wrong but wasn't Fractal using one of their amps at the NY amp show? What's more strange is (and I read this somewhere on this forum) that if you contact Class-D looking for an amp, they would/could not help you if they knew you were going to use it with an AxeFx. :?:

What's the deal? Or is all that just BS and these are not the droids I'm looking for? :)
There's no mystery here. What you’ve heard is a combination of misinformation and inaccurate presumption. Class-D sent us an amp to check out. It was in the rack we brought to The Amp Show and was only used briefly at the request of a curious attendee.

For the record, the idea that there is any kind of restriction imposed by Fractal/Atomic on Class D selling to people with Axe Fx’s is absurd. From the posts in this thread, it seems that Class D is having a hard enough time shipping their amp to anyone.

As you can see, nothing has come of this.

Thanks for clearing that up Tom :)

TK

Fair enough that was a funny video. Did not know you play guitar this well!

BTW this is your first official reaction on the matter without any PM's.

Greetings

Sixstring said:
Hey, can we get one of little those popcorn eating emotion icon guys :ugeek:
I don't think there will be the need for it in this thread. Most of the perceived intrigue has been sucked out now :lol:. Hopefully it'll just stay on topic (and friendly) from here.

-TK

I am still enjoying smoking the indian pipe.

But if their will be an SS-amp with the same parts, we know who spoke the truth......

Only time will tell......

Tom King said:
Sixstring said:
Hey, can we get one of little those popcorn eating emotion icon guys :ugeek:
I don't think there will be the need for it in this thread. Most of the perceived intrigue has been sucked out now :lol:. Hopefully it'll just stay on topic (and friendly) from here.

-TK

:lol: ah come on Tom they add to the suspense of it all.

Hey paulmapp8306,

So is there any luck/news with the Class-D amps. You've said you have 2 of them and would post a review.

Maybe they fell apart :lol: Or were their again some technical issues? :lol: Or did you burn them :lol:

Well the soap continues.... I hope.

Greetings

PEEWEE aka DADA

DADA said:
Hey paulmapp8306,

So is there any luck/news with the Class-D amps. You've said you have 2 of them and would post a review.

Maybe they fell apart :lol: Or were their again some technical issues? :lol: Or did you burn them :lol:

Greetings

PEEWEE aka DADA

Hey DADA,

good to see you back!

Ok seeing how we can't get one, I will get my own...

watchdrama8jm.gif

set theorist said:
DADA said:
Hey paulmapp8306,

Greetings

PEEWEE aka DADA

Hey DADA,

good to see you back!

Thanks Mate!

Yeahhhh weet does not parish (dutch saying)

Todays posting of paulmapp8306 the great Class-D Pro Audio Fan:

Im still waiting on the Pro Audio amp - which is 1U Class A/B, but that has its own problems (and also no real track record with fully built amps).
I thought he already received last week 2 for testing and review?????

There also "may" (I cant stress the May part enough) be a 1U Class A/B SS offering from Atomic/Fractal in the not too distant future
MMmm do not make that misstake twice boy! Ore evil we fall upon you :lol:

DADA aka PEEWEE :mrgreen:

And another week has past.

Is there anyone else here who has received his Pro Audio Amp and can help us with your findings/reviews/photo's.

If I remember correctly 60 units were pre-ordered. There must be at least 1 owner who can shed some light?

Or is the Pro-Audio stuff one big fairytale.

There's no big mystery or conspiracy here.

Think of this if you like as the MFC101 which was planned way in advance of release and has only just seeen the light of day. I'm sure along the unit's journey to point of sale, there have been design, technical, manufacturing problems.....or maybe there were none of those and Fractal just wanted to build up the levels of expectations (joke). I doubt it. Maybe the former issue(s) were small, maybe they were large. Fractal being Fractal, they wouldn't release it until they got the problems solved and an as near as damn it perfect product out there......but people were fairly patient and now there's finally a product people have forgotten all that and are basking in the glory of their new toy. This is a possible scenario for the delay, I don't know and am in no way wanting to start another conspiracy theory. Just an analogy. I could've used LiquidFoot as a similar example.

So....

The Pro Audio amp......

Both myself and Paul have played through 2 working prototypes. Paul has played them in the factory unit as have I, and I've also gig tested one of the amps live.

These reviews were documented and made in good faith. People were naturally intersested in a low cost, powerful and lightweight amp.

There have been problems.... (to say the least)

Class-D (the parents of the Pro-Audio amp) have communication problems especially with email. If you've spoke to them you know sometimes it's hard to get them OFF the phone but nonetheless, they suck at 21st century communication skills. (they are after all fairly old chaps who are used to doing business with a spit and a handshake)
Supplier problems. Something as simple as the local company that did the logo screenprinted onto the metal casing going tits up. Outcome = delay until new company found (which incidentally charge more for their services than the previous company hence a price rise)
Just as that one got sorted and they thought all the other niggly problems were solved and they were assembling the units. Guess what. As they were testing the amps to ship to customers they found a problem which they traced to the transformers supplied to them.
Now do they let the product go and hope no-one notices the noisy transformers or stick to their specs and send the faulty/insufficient product back and then wait for the next production run by the supplier and then the next cargo container coming over that can accomodate them. (oh, cargo containers have risen in price apparently as well).

So thats major delay number 2.

And that brings us to now.

I spoke to them today. Finally it looks as though the problems are solved and will be ready to ship shortly....No-one is as frustrated at all this as I am but I can't make this product arrive any faster. I myself have considered other power amp options but truly believe this is the pefect piece to MY jigsaw.

I don't work for Class-D. I am a customer like Paul. I've met the guys before all this a a few years ago I bought a large PA system off them. Their service and help was great then as was their product. When I realised that it was the same company involved in the ProAudio amp I instinctively trusted a company that I have used before....and will continue to use

SO LONG AS THEY GET THE DAMNED AMP SORTED ASAP

So guys, don't shoot the messengers (please), save that for far more deserving people on this planet! lol
We all have day jobs and families and things that take us away from our forum addictions (like my wife thinking I can become a professional builder at the drop of a hat) so forgive the lack of answers on our part.

Hopefully we wont be waiting too long.

Back
Top Bottom