Pick up suggestions for Les Paul bridge

I have a DiMarzio Super distortion in my Les Paul bridge position and it's wonderful, and is good for 80's rock/metal. I have Suhr doug aldrich pickups in my Jackson, and Doug plays an LP, so obviously that would be a good choice--but they are super hot. I have a set of Bare Knuckles Nailbombs I'd like to put in the Les Paul, but can't bear to take the Super distortion out. Here's a guy with Nailbombs in his Les Paul, sounds great: Headstock Cam Shred Licks - YouTube Not great audio on the video but you can tell how they sound, and they rock.

I have a set of Bare Knuckles Nailbombs I'd like to put in the Les Paul
JUst bought a set for my 68RI Custom. I was looking for something a little more suited to the heavier music I play. I find the BB's, 57's etc. get all flubby when you have a lot of gain and you try to do muted palm stuff. Can't wait to install them.

JUst bought a set for my 68RI Custom. I was looking for something a little more suited to the heavier music I play. I find the BB's, 57's etc. get all flubby when you have a lot of gain and you try to do muted palm stuff. Can't wait to install them.

The Nailbombs sounded great in the LP. However, I couldn't resist putting the Suhr Doug Aldrich pickups in it, and wow. Heavy metal!

Just recently dropped a set of Bareknuckle Riff Raff's into my LP Custom. I love to sound and clarity vs. my previous stock 498T's. Although, I also put an RS guitarworks pot/cap set in my guitar at the same time, so it's hard to tell how much the p/u's changed since the pots also changed. Either way, for that lower output, PAF style, another +1 for Bareknuckle.

The Bareknuckle BLACK DOGS came highly recommended by Nick at The Axe Palace, US Dealer of Bareknuckles. I should clarify that by saying I was asking him what would sound most like a JB on steroids for TOOL type tones. I've been really intrigued by those but I ultimately wanted something with a more modern tinge so I chose the Nailbombs. I would love to try a set of Black Dogs on one of my other LP's.

I just got an older Japanese Tokai Love Rock and might try the Dimarzio 36th anniversary paf... although the stocks sound fine.

SD 59/Custom hybrid did it for my LP. It was the fifth bridge pickup I tried in that LP. Alnico Pro II, Pearly Gates, DiMarzio 36th B, Custom(A2). The 59/C sits right between PAF and hotter pups. I put UOA5 magnet in it and its perfect.

Motor-city Afwayu in the bridge and a Black dog in the neck sound like pure muscle and the Bareknuckle rebel yells are great too.

DiMarzio AT-1 or 36th Anny.. I think the AT would du a great job...

Suhr DSH or Aldrich works great too... These are my fav's.

Also get the good pots'n parts for the pups.

Back
Top Bottom