Paisley tone still eluding me in V7

Just been messing with the FAS Wreck model after watching that vid, I get a lot closer running through a couple of guitar cabs than through monitors using cab sims - cant find a IR that comes close. I'm sure that's a lot of what's missing. Anybody got a suitable IR?

Have you tried this preset?
Axe-Change - Download Preset - LPD Brad Paisley Tone Clone - by Groovenut
Here is the youtube demo,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUwfVBVDzfs&feature=plcp

I built it with V6.02 and as yet have not gotten around to updating it. Hopefully soon.

I assume you played that with guitar volume rolled down? I downloaded both your's and cliff's DRzpatches and both had a crapload of gain. Since my guitar volume knob is always on 10, because it doesn't go to 11, I had to lover the gain considerably.

I had problems with Cliff's TMA patch. Sort of a weird blanket over speakers sound sort of fading in and out and a few times the patch just went silent when tweaking in edit. Had to reboot Axe.

I briefly had yous panned left and cliff's panned right with a 20ms delay between em and feeding JTV models to cliff's and mags to yours. . . didn't sound like Paisley . . .but sounded cool. Changed the tape dela to straight slapback instead of tempo synced and verb to a large plate. . . . ..

I assume you played that with guitar volume rolled down? I downloaded both your's and cliff's DRzpatches and both had a crapload of gain. Since my guitar volume knob is always on 10, because it doesn't go to 11, I had to lover the gain considerably.

I had problems with Cliff's TMA patch. Sort of a weird blanket over speakers sound sort of fading in and out and a few times the patch just went silent when tweaking in edit. Had to reboot Axe.

I briefly had yous panned left and cliff's panned right with a 20ms delay between em and feeding JTV models to cliff's and mags to yours. . . didn't sound like Paisley . . .but sounded cool. Changed the tape dela to straight slapback instead of tempo synced and verb to a large plate. . . . ..
You may need to turn your input level down because of your pickup output being different from my Tele. Just a guess though.

Thanks for trying the preset and giving some feedback!

I would love to see the Z Wreck model in a future fw release. Anyone care to have ago at reproducing the tone based on the video?

Back
Top Bottom