Ownhammer Rock Box libraries

Named them right! Tried some of them this morning, they Rock for sure!! C3 mixes no hi or low cuts. Wasn't going to buy ir's again after dyna cabs. Glad I did now👍🏻👍🏻

I kinda feel bad for him, the world is beginning to move on from big IR collections to other UIs, especially here in Fractal land.

I kinda feel bad for him, the world is beginning to move on from big IR collections to other UIs, especially here in Fractal land.

Dynacabs are still big IR collections. It’s just a lot easier to pick which ones you use. I would hope these guys will be able produce Dynacab IR packages. And if they do, will we be able to install them? That part isn’t clear to me. Haven’t heard anything on whether or not that will be an option.

Dynacabs are still big IR collections. It’s just a lot easier to pick which ones you use. I would hope these guys will be able produce Dynacab IR packages. And if they do, will we be able to install them? That part isn’t clear to me. Haven’t heard anything on whether or not that will be an option.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/whats-cliff-doing-now.192448/post-2393913

There would be no point in renting the gear needed to capture Dynacabs if they couldn't be loaded into the Axe.

I wonder if we'll ever see much in the way of 3rd party Dyna-Cabs. I think with Line 6 there isn't even the possibility, so that not a criticism.
But there will be a cost to license the robot, and use the software etc. And then your only selling them to Fractal users.

I suppose once all of the raw captures are taken, you could probably make conventional IR packs out of them as well. It will be interesting to see how this evolves. I've been using York IR's for a while now. But haven't tried any Ownhammer in a while. I'm snagging the free pack, and going to check that out.

Thanks.

I tried the free G12H pack and it is fantastic. I think this Rock Box collection is a big leap forward for Ownhammer. The G12H just replaced a long-time favorite for my Matchless presets. Try it while it's free! The others are on sale through July 31.

I tried the free G12H pack and it is fantastic. I think this Rock Box collection is a big leap forward for Ownhammer. The G12H just replaced a long-time favorite for my Matchless presets. Try it while it's free! The others are on sale through July 31.
Thanks for the heads-up on the free pack. I'm a sucker for a good G12H-30 IR!

Is anyone else annoyed that OH has moved away from disclosing what the mics are? My whole IR library is organized based on specific mic pairs that I have grown to love after extensive a/b testing and playing. I don't use any single mics, just mic pairs. My numbering system is based off the old OH numbering system. I really wish he would tell us what the mics are!

My IR library:
Mix 1: 57+121 (OH1)
Mix 2: 421+121 (OH2)
Mix 3: 906+121
Mix 4: 57+160
Mix 5: 421+160
Mix 6: 906+160

Anyone try the new Alnico Cream library? Sounds juicy and works for many genres...
bought it but havent had a chance to try it yet
I never heard of that speaker before I saw Rezamatrix´s videos delivering the most crushing metal tones in the "not v30" world and I have been waiting for an IR pack of this speaker for a while

I just did a quick comparsion video comparing several Ownhammer and York Audio IRs. The Ownhammer IRs are only from the Rock Box.

YK - KW 412, M25, Blackjack, MV30
OW: CRM90, G65, M65B

Anyone try the new CNTRY-2007A? I like 'em! Plenty of mids but they sound clear (without harshness) and they kind of give you that "blanket off the speaker" clarity.
These sound good. Using with a few presets on the FM9 but what was surprising how these added new life to the AX8.

Back
Top Bottom