next gen hardware wishlist

nnajar

I know this is a long way off if it's even going to happen, but I'd like to see the axefx with 2 stereo effect loops instead of just one. and usb would be nice too, but isn't completely necessary.

with 2 effect loops, I could have a head or another preamp in one loop, and still have another send to go to a stage amp and cab, and still have my main out with the speaker sim to go to foh.

Agree... Use my fx loop direct to poweramp. Wish i could put my BB preamp in loop 2 ;)

Except from this, my Ultra is the best... Hell.. It´s the best piece of guitargear I have ever had anyway. Only reason to sell it, is to get one with 2 loops. There is a lot of wishes for this unit, but this is a good one..

Wish i could mod mine, but i´m still fine.. :mrgreen:

I would like an insert loop similar to what the Lexicon MPXG2 utilizes. It is for the front end of a head and is a mono loop.

Makes having fx before the amp much simpler than the current configuration, and you can feed a real cab and go FOH with the other 2 loops.

Kriig said:
Agree... Use my fx loop direct to poweramp. Wish i could put my BB preamp in loop 2 ;)

Except from this, my Ultra is the best... Hell.. It´s the best piece of guitargear I have ever had anyway. Only reason to sell it, is to get one with 2 loops. There is a lot of wishes for this unit, but this is a good one..

Well since the next version is going to have a BB preamp model, you may be able to do that :)

but then once we got 2 ports and USB and in axe II, i'm probably gonna want four ports and firewire for axe 3, but after that i probably wouldn't possibly be content until I had 6 ports and wireless connection, that could also serve as a 24 channel mixer and complete P.A. System for Axe 4....(and a coffee maker)

javajunkie said:
Kriig said:

Well since the next version is going to have a BB preamp model, you may be able to do that :)

I just got the fantastic news Sean.... 2 loops is now no longer needed.. When 9.01 enters, my Ultra is complete. And still; there will come things (amps, fx etc) that I did not even knew i needed :mrgreen:

jhuggins said:
but then once we got 2 ports and USB and in axe II, i'm probably gonna want four ports and firewire for axe 3, but after that i probably wouldn't possibly be content until I had 6 ports and wireless connection, that could also serve as a 24 channel mixer and complete P.A. System for Axe 4....(and a coffee maker)

See your point.. LOL.. Demanding moremoremore.. But 9.01 will complete it... End of story...

nnajar said:
but I'd like to see the axefx with 2 stereo effect loops instead of just one. and usb would be nice too

USB to load firmware/preset should be a must! :)

A second loop... maybe a send for the balanced out, plus a separate loop for the unbalanced could work well... with little hardware modification.

yes,
- USB (for MIDI and/or audio)
- headphone out
- bigger holes around the MIDI sockets (so plugs with a sleeve can plug all the way in)
- colour display (maybe even a touch display would be cool)
- tighter input socket
- quieter fan
- same awesome tone

As far as hardware...

USB or even Firewire ( whichever's fast & stable enough ) for both audio & control to put a stake thru the heart of the ongoing MIDI horror.

Edit: Ethernet, even.

More memory for more goodies.
Lot's more to end the need for shoehorning upgrades.

Floor configuration with built-in MFC.

claudel said:
More memory for more goodies.
+1 to that. I'm having a heck of time fitting all the presets I want instant access to in 384 slots. Some type of card slot on-board would be uber handy too.

1. Dedicated controls, or at least several knobs and so on that can be mapped to most used controls and parameters.

2. USB or Firewire!!!

3. Lots more memory to accomodate longer looping.

JMZ93 said:
1. Dedicated controls, or at least several knobs and so on that can be mapped to most used controls and parameters.

2. USB or Firewire!!!

3. Lots more memory to accomodate longer looping.

All of this, especially #1. The user interface is the weakest part of Axe-Fx.

laxu said:

I think the Axe-FX is fairly intuitive but ease-of-use is limited by a lack of more knobs and quick access keys for effects. I think the underlying Axe-FX engine now will be very capable for a long long time. So what I would LOVE is a retrofit faceplate upgrade for the current gen Axe-FX.

rickboot said:
laxu said:

I think the Axe-FX is fairly intuitive but ease-of-use is limited by a lack of more knobs and quick access keys for effects. I think the underlying Axe-FX engine now will be very capable for a long long time. So what I would LOVE is a retrofit faceplate upgrade for the current gen Axe-FX.

Absolutely. All it needs is a bunch of knobs that change function based on what you're editing and a more coherent setup for all the buttons (they're kinda semi-random now).

I disagree with the button setup comment. The first column are buttons related to editing a patch. The second column are buttons related to unit configuration. The third column are buttons related to playing/saving.

I'd like:

- A display that can be tilted. Making it unnecessary to tilt the whole device when placed below eyesight.
- Modified recall functionality: after scrolling through patches an Enter is needed to activate the displayed preset
- Inputs and outputs to be switchable between line level and instrument level (4CM)
- A connection for a hardware add-on that provides knobs
- USB
- A better quality Value knob (mine is erratic)
- of course: "Provide More Talent" button

(and for software:
- "Overview" page in Layout that display global settings + enabled effect blocks
- "Disable stereo" parameter (disables Stereo enhancer and LFO Phase params)
- Possibility to write-protect patches
- Global effects: like Global amps but for other effects too)

yek said:
I'd like:

- A display that can be tilted. Making it unnecessary to tilt the whole device when placed below eyesight.

Just run a stack of 3 or 4 2x12" or 4x12" :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom