next gen hardware wishlist

Kriig said:
yek said:
I'd like:

- A display that can be tilted. Making it unnecessary to tilt the whole device when placed below eyesight.

Just run a stack of 3 or 4 2x12" or 4x12" :mrgreen:

He he ;-)

Man, I'm having a blast with my 2 Atomics running stereo.
Had a gig yesterday, sound was great. Soundguy only needed to add some low mids; of course I'll take care of that myself now.

FractalAudio said:
I disagree with the button setup comment. The first column are buttons related to editing a patch. The second column are buttons related to unit configuration. The third column are buttons related to playing/saving.

Well in that case it isn't obvious at least to me. Tuner is certainly more related to playing than configuration and recall/store are certainly related to editing a patch.

The front panel is basically full of things like these. The Enter/Exit buttons are a bit hard to reach, the way the input level controls are not close to the input jack is a bit confusing (though makes sense if you think in terms of the display having input left and output right - but then again why is the physical input right...) and the left/right/up/down navigation screams for a games console style D-pad. :)

+1 on almost all but:
SD card slot for patches etc etc
Categories for things (+ search engine for "stuff")
room for a huge IR library with an IR mixer up to say 5 IR deep - real time even better!!!
More FX instances (double current at least - 4amps would be great - quad tracking!)
Humanized variation to simulate muti-tracked layers
Real FX emulation library with actual controls that dynamically change AxeFx settings realtime if required (maybe an "FX macro" made up of several blocks) or just as seperate FX blocks
a builtin Eq differential engine - play a sound in and it will auto eq to near match
PEQ on master out as well as GEQ
Adjustable frequencies on GEQ
FX colours (colour the effect to have a TC sound or Eventide etc etc)
Be able to have everything except the cab fx going to a designated output (for output to both FOH and a amp/cab. Would be better and less restrictive than cabs at end with a FX loop as current.
8x24 matrix!
Full colour display.
Real time spectum self analysis
a guitar/pickup emulator (with a vg port if neccesary)
an "Elite" version that can handle mutichannel and also 7.1 surround - studio killer!
USB3
Variable bit rate convertions for dig in/outs (upto 192kHz 32 bit)
Knobs. And a pulsing blue light somewhere.

Well, the title was NextGen...

yek said:
- "Disable stereo" parameter (disables Stereo enhancer and LFO Phase params)

???

Who says these can't be used with great effect in programs designed for mono?

Matman said:
yek said:
- "Disable stereo" parameter (disables Stereo enhancer and LFO Phase params)

???

Who says these can't be used with great effect in programs designed for mono?

Hmm, don't know about that. Do you have examples?

I was referring to the issues I encountered when running the Axe-Fx in mono (missing delay trails, phase cancellation), because of the ENH block and LFO Phase.

GM Arts said:
I added a quieter fan to my list back on page 1 (yes I know you can mod this yourself).

Ok on this one...

And I want it to make pizza :mrgreen:

Ok.. I think some of this is a sure way to rise the price..... UP... But if a new AXE II comes, i would take a serious look at it.

Yes, i would like some controllers on the front, but it has to be a way to control the heat. We don´t want to burn the pizza....

Hmmmm..... I will probably need something to drink to the pizza.. Cliff; Axe II has to make beer :shock: :D

I know it is a wishlist... But i had to say it.. Hehe

Griffin said:
Oh and something to enable you to record a phrase and reamp it while you tweak!

Already possible--a looper (or even just mono delay w/ 100% feedback if using the standard) at the start of the chain lets you do this.

Mainly, I'd like more output flexibility. Namely, a fully separate 2nd output, and with options on each of the main outputs to disable poweramp and cab sims. So you could just have your one patch set up, and output 1 goes to the desk, output 2 goes to your tube poweramp and cab, or whatever. The current set up of the loop doubling as "output 2" is a bit too much of a compromise IMO. And if you want a full poweramp and cab signal going to one place and a signal without going somewhere else, you have to set up a whole extra chain of the same things to do it.

Not sure how feasible it is to do something like that, but it sure would save a lot of redundancy (and hence CPU power).

Not sure how much of this has already been posted, but personally I would love for the XLR outs to have their own signal path, that way I could always have the cab emulation on just the XLRs, and I could use the loop and still have stereo out to my poweramp. There could also be a headphone out, tapped off this signal that always has the cab emulation on.

USB, of course, for both data and audio. The latter could make it really easy to do reamps.

How about a 'secret sauce' input on the back?

EDIT: and a more comprehensive (read; longer loop time) looper?

It would be great to have some on/off switched outputs on the back of the cabinet, similar to the GP-100. It has a TRS jack that connects to two virtual switches, programmable on a per-preset basis.

This is great for things like switching channels on your amp.

My personal wish-list (not in order of wish):

- USB (for MIDI and/or audio)
- Headphone out w/ level knob
- Larger screen with 4 (minimum) endless knob under to directly edit 4 parameters displayed just top of them
- Combination of 8 stereo loops "a la Switchblade GL" (I know, I'm totally dreaming)
- 2 stereo independent outputs with ability to rout everything to each one (like the MAIN and SUB out of GT-Pro) both w/ XLR/TRS connector
- Integrated RackVax and his 13pin GK in ;)... We could dream, no?
- 32 steps sequencer
- AR env with on/off value for each step of the sequencer
- Glide + ON/OFF + Time for each step of the sequencer
- A bunch (Around 100 could be cool) of personal IRs slots
- Ability to custom naming personal IRs slots
- Improved Global Amp function
- Global function for each block w/ more than 10 slots...
- Separate POWER AMP sim block (not sure of that)
- Both optic and coaxial S/P-Dif out AND in
- Moving a bloc more easier (like in this topic)
- Ability to rename EXTERNAL 1~8
- Ability to set a #CC directly in source of a MODIFIER
- or, increased EXTERNAL (a min of 20 or more could be cool)
- Ability to send midi-clock and to be set as Master, Slave, or both a time
- Ability to RECALL > EFFECTS > X1 block to X2 and vice-versa
- Ability to attach all block's TEMPO parameter (like Chorus, Phaser, etc...) to an EXTERNAL
- Stereo Panning Law option
- Ability to program rhythm on the fly from an IA for the RHYTHM DELAY
- Ability to combine two or more SOURCES in a MODIFIER
- A "COMPARE" button to compare edit patch to the original one
- A MIC w/ preamp input
- Quantized looper with increased functions to work like a Lexicon Jam Man or an Echoplex Pro (multiply, midi-clock, etc...)
- SD card slot is a good idea for patches loading...
- 8x24 matrix! (Thank you Griffin for this idea)
- Wining a bunch of money to buy this next gen Axe-FX ;) :))

Sorry for my totally undoable wishes, but the subject is talking about NEXT GEN ;)...

Griffin said:
Oh and something to enable you to record a phrase and reamp it while you tweak!

I already do that with LOOPER delay block placed in first in my row.
And that's great except tha Looper has no Quantize function :(...

An intergrated Wireless unit would be awesome. I just had a post removed for posting that wish. Very wierd. :?: They said I was a troll.. I don't get it.

While we're wishing for cool stuff in the " next generation" how 'bout 5( or 7 ).1 surround capable outputs

Curious, would anyone be able to guess an estimate of when this comes? I'm thinking about buying the Axe-FX somewhere around summer 2011 but it'd be kinda sad if Axe-FX 2 comes out like... christmas 2011 :p

My personal wish-list (not in order of wish):

- USB (for MIDI and/or audio)
- Headphone out w/ level knob
- Larger screen with 4 (minimum) endless knob under to directly edit 4 parameters displayed just top of them
- Combination of 8 stereo loops "a la Switchblade GL" (I know, I'm totally dreaming)
- 2 stereo independent outputs with ability to rout everything to each one (like the MAIN and SUB out of GT-Pro) both w/ XLR/TRS connector
- Integrated RackVax and his 13pin GK in ;)... We could dream, no?
- 32 steps sequencer
- AR env with on/off value for each step of the sequencer
- Glide + ON/OFF + Time for each step of the sequencer
- A bunch (Around 100 could be cool) of personal IRs slots
- Ability to custom naming personal IRs slots
- Improved Global Amp function
- Global function for each block w/ more than 10 slots...
- Separate POWER AMP sim block (not sure of that)
- Both optic and coaxial S/P-Dif out AND in
- Moving a bloc more easier (like in this topic)
- Ability to rename EXTERNAL 1~8
- Ability to set a #CC directly in source of a MODIFIER
- or, increased EXTERNAL (a min of 20 or more could be cool)
- Ability to send midi-clock and to be set as Master, Slave, or both a time
- Ability to RECALL > EFFECTS > X1 block to X2 and vice-versa
- Ability to attach all block's TEMPO parameter (like Chorus, Phaser, etc...) to an EXTERNAL
- Stereo Panning Law option
- Ability to program rhythm on the fly from an IA for the RHYTHM DELAY
- Ability to combine two or more SOURCES in a MODIFIER
- A "COMPARE" button to compare edit patch to the original one
- A MIC w/ preamp input
- Quantized looper with increased functions to work like a Lexicon Jam Man or an Echoplex Pro (multiply, midi-clock, etc...)
- SD card slot is a good idea for patches loading...
- 8x24 matrix! (Thank you Griffin for this idea)
- Wining a bunch of money to buy this next gen Axe-FX ;) :))

Sorry for my totally undoable wishes, but the subject is talking about NEXT GEN ;)...

Finally, Cliff heard me for many of my wishes ;)...

Back
Top Bottom