New Axe-Fx II Firmware 5.04b released

Kinda small considering the post before yours.......... just sayin

I don't get the, to me, new language of embracing something with positivity in a primitive sexual form like that. What's the deal? Are we out of words?

It's just too different to me.......

Anyways

BONER!!!

No, I'm serious. I mean all the stuff like Jazz with an "I" and stuff, I don't get it. But I'm me, and I guess that's the real problem :roll

Last edited:
Wow - this sounds fantastic!

Thank you once again Cliff & FAS!

....now, back to my guitar.....

Wow i usually don't post to say this, but wow....THIS IS INCREDIBLE. I was pretty disappointed with 5.01, but this is like 4.0 with the dynamics of 5.0 without the harsh end! Absolutely perfect! This is scary good....off to enjoy, I suggest you guys do the same! Great Job Cliff!

Grrrr...AC-30 turned to flat dull and uninspired when I reset the amp.

Hiwatt is Hi-End heavy.

Fenders are going to need a little work, but not much.

Still can't get a good sound out of the Dr Z so far.

Time to start tweaking again. :(

The Marshalls sound great, though.

I know it's all for the sake of progress and I appreciate it. I'm just glad I hadn't gone farther than I had tweaking 5.01 before this one came out.

I had a similar experience :( ..... tweeking the High resonance param helps but its not the same... camron and recto red had more growl before. ?

I sense many Legacy converts on the way!

Seriously, I had a Legacy 2x12 (version 1) and the Lead tone was the best. I sold it after I bought the Ultra.

This is now the best Lead amp in the Axe II IMO, SO THICK AND CHEWY!!!!

So, wait. The changes are automatically applied to your custom patches even if you don't reset the amp? Just trying to understand what was written below and your quote.

In this case yes, it will state in the release notes when you should reset the amp blocks.

So what Luke recco'd is incorrect? Users won't be playing a prior firmware version in this new version within their amps. Right?

I think he is stating he I playing the preset release for 4.0

You do not play a prior firmware after you update to s new firmware. Resting the amp block resets the default parameters , some of these parameters are not exposed. In this case it is not necessary to reset them.

I think he is stating he I playing the preset release for 4.0

You do not play a prior firmware after you update to s new firmware. Resting the amp block resets the default parameters , some of these parameters are not exposed. In this case it is not necessary to reset them.

java - See the full thread. He's playing 4.0 in 5.01 by not resetting the amp. Which holds his updated parameters in tact.

Don't reset the amp then. I'm still using the 4.0 version of Freyette M in 5.01.

When I'm writing "prior firmware version" its meant that he didn't reset the amp block which does not load the default parameters for that firmware release (new) - ex. damp, triode, speaker drive, etc. So he's still able to play w/ the default parameters that were loaded with a previous firmware release. If you don't have to reset the amps in this new version then that means when you update to the new version the new default parameters for each amp load up automatically. Correct?

Last edited:
Odd. I found that if I have a patch that I tweaked for 5.01, and with 5.04b if I switch the amp model to a different one, then back, and then set all the parameters back to what I had them set to, it is a drastic difference in tone. There are other nuances that have changed (to my ears) in the Amp Block, but I will not clutter this thread with it.

java - See the full thread. He's playing 4.0 in 5.01 by not resetting the amp. Which holds his updated parameters in tact.

When I'm writing "prior firmware version" its meant that he didn't reset the amp block which does not load the default parameters for that firmware release (new) - ex. damp, triode, speaker drive, etc. So he's still able to play w/ the default parameters that were loaded with a previous firmware release. If you don't have to reset the amps in this new version then that means when you update to the new version the new default parameters for each amp load up. Correct?

No. The parameters will be the same.
It will only matter if the default parameters have been changed.

Back
Top Bottom