AFIII My new single 'Tangerine Dream'

Sean Ashe

Power User
Hey all you good people!

I just released a new single last week and wanted to share it with you, it's an instrumental guitar-rock song with a nod to that late 80s/early 90s period of some of my heroes (Vai, Satch, EVH, Shawn Lane).

I used my Axe FX III for all of the rhythm guitars (JCM800#34), and for all of the leads from 2:40 on (USA Pre Yellow Lead).

The primary lead tone was an actual silver klon into my old simulclass IIC+, loaded into a reactive load, and then into my Axe FX. Now that the Klone chiron is availble in the fractal ecosystem, I've dialed in a patch that's bang on by just matching the knobs of the pedal + amp. Klone into IIC+ Bright/Deep into a 412 Friedman with greenbacks will get you there easily. My graphic EQ is more of a smirk, than a smile, with less being pushed in the high end than the traditional V curve.

Hey all you good people!

I just released a new single last week and wanted to share it with you, it's an instrumental guitar-rock song with a nod to that late 80s/early 90s period of some of my heroes (Vai, Satch, EVH, Shawn Lane).

I used my Axe FX III for all of the rhythm guitars (JCM800#34), and for all of the leads from 2:40 on (USA Pre Yellow Lead).

The primary lead tone was an actual silver klon into my old simulclass IIC+, loaded into a reactive load, and then into my Axe FX. Now that the Klone chiron is availble in the fractal ecosystem, I've dialed in a patch that's bang on by just matching the knobs of the pedal + amp. Klone into IIC+ Bright/Deep into a 412 Friedman with greenbacks will get you there easily. My graphic EQ is more of a smirk, than a smile, with less being pushed in the high end than the traditional V curve.

Rockin Roll Sean man that was really awesome that tone was ripping cool…

Hey all you good people!

Wow!! Not just great playing. Its radioworthy

Good stuff! Your playing / writing is always melody focused and that's what I want from an instrumental.

I'd love to see a video comparing the tone with your real Klon vs your tone dialed in with the Klone Chiron.

Good stuff! Your playing / writing is always melody focused and that's what I want from an instrumental. I'd love to see a video comparing the tone with your real Klon vs your tone dialed in with the Klone Chiron.

Thanks so much! The funny thing about the Klon, is that even the real ones are all a little different. I've shot out four real silver horsie Klons back to back, and they each had a slightly different character to them. Personally, I find the comparison/shoot out game between 'real' and 'digital' to be counter productive, but I'll consider it for sure.

Hey Sean, it is very different than the songs in your first album, yet as always, you rip!!
Thanks! I am still really proud of Flux, but definitely have changed a lot since then as a player, writer, and person (about 7 years ago now)

If you haven't heard my last single, "Ocean", it is a bit of a transitory song from the Flux sound to the 2nd record. I think this one got its start in mid 2016?

Back
Top Bottom