AFIII My new single 'Tangerine Dream'

Hey all you good people!

I just released a new single last week and wanted to share it with you, it's an instrumental guitar-rock song with a nod to that late 80s/early 90s period of some of my heroes (Vai, Satch, EVH, Shawn Lane).

I used my Axe FX III for all of the rhythm guitars (JCM800#34), and for all of the leads from 2:40 on (USA Pre Yellow Lead).

The primary lead tone was an actual silver klon into my old simulclass IIC+, loaded into a reactive load, and then into my Axe FX. Now that the Klone chiron is availble in the fractal ecosystem, I've dialed in a patch that's bang on by just matching the knobs of the pedal + amp. Klone into IIC+ Bright/Deep into a 412 Friedman with greenbacks will get you there easily. My graphic EQ is more of a smirk, than a smile, with less being pushed in the high end than the traditional V curve.

Great tune and playing!

Thanks! I am still really proud of Flux, but definitely have changed a lot since then as a player, writer, and person (about 7 years ago now)

If you haven't heard my last single, "Ocean", it is a bit of a transitory song from the Flux sound to the 2nd record. I think this one got its start in mid 2016?

Somehow I totally missed Ocean, killer killer song.
You are one of the refreshing, exciting players out there, and anything you release oozes a lot of creativity.

Somehow I totally missed Ocean, killer killer song. You are one of the refreshing, exciting players out there, and anything you release oozes a lot of creativity.

Ah thank you so much, that's very kind. I'm havin' a lot of fun makin this stuff :D

Back
Top Bottom