ML sound lab.. wav format.

JDM_Dave

how do I convert the new cab packs to work on the fractal. im guessing fractal bot isn't going to work. I read before buying they would work but im guessing there's a conversion to do first? would I need fractool? cheers

didn't work

From JY obviously you will go to ML folder but same steps

Open Axe edit
Tools. axe manage cabs”
3. When the user cab window opens, click browser on the top left and click “show/hide” and an empty gray window will open on the left.
4. Click browser again and select “open directory” and find the York Audio MES 412 folder.
5. Choose the 48k folder.
6. From there, you can choose what you want to import. (I’d suggest importing the Mixes first) Click the Mixes folder and hit ok. You’ll see them listed in the gray window.
7. Just drop and drag them into your user slots. They’ll appear in red. Click “save” on the bottom right of the screen and watch them turn green. Hit OK when it finishes.
8. Go back to preset and click on the cab block to change your cab. Go to your user cabs and load one of your new IR’s.

Hope this helps once you do it a few times its easy

From JY obviously you will go to ML folder but same steps

Open Axe edit
Tools. axe manage cabs”
3. When the user cab window opens, click browser on the top left and click “show/hide” and an empty gray window will open on the left.
4. Click browser again and select “open directory” and find the York Audio MES 412 folder.
5. Choose the 48k folder.
6. From there, you can choose what you want to import. (I’d suggest importing the Mixes first) Click the Mixes folder and hit ok. You’ll see them listed in the gray window.
7. Just drop and drag them into your user slots. They’ll appear in red. Click “save” on the bottom right of the screen and watch them turn green. Hit OK when it finishes.
8. Go back to preset and click on the cab block to change your cab. Go to your user cabs and load one of your new IR’s.

Hope this helps once you do it a few times its easy

thank you, all cabs are now loaded in. it was the show/hide part that I was missing. when in that tab I disregarded it completely. maybe it should be renamed?

Hey - I actually made a video about this. I'd love to be able to sell the .syx format and make FAS people's life's easier but this is what you'll need to do with .wav IR's:

So if you're just going to be loading a few IR's I recommend drag'n'drop directly to Axe-Edit III cab block where it says the IR name. If you have a bunch of IR's that you want to put into the Axe-Fx III then get the free Cab-Lab 3 Lite: https://www.fractalaudio.com/cab-lab-3/ and use the function wav2syx to convert a full folder into .syx format. With our packs don't use any of the processing options. Just choose UltraRes. The IR's in the MPT folder will be MPT'd which means they're time aligned with other MPT'd IR's (f.ex. all stock cabs in your unit) and now you can mix and match those IR's. If you don't intend to mix ML IR's with someone else's IR's then just use the regular IR format as it'll be slightly higher quality.

The way I read your note, no presets are changed until you reload the amp. When you do that, there is a chance that the cab has changed, so If you want the preset to have the same IR, you need to keep the original. ( which will now have the new parameters , correct?)
don’t worry, just me trying to picture how this is working. I’ll get it eventually😆
Hey - I actually made a video about this. I'd love to be able to sell the .syx format and make FAS people's life's easier but this is what you'll need to do with .wav IR's:

So if you're just going to be loading a few IR's I recommend drag'n'drop directly to Axe-Edit III cab block where it says the IR name. If you have a bunch of IR's that you want to put into the Axe-Fx III then get the free Cab-Lab 3 Lite: https://www.fractalaudio.com/cab-lab-3/ and use the function wav2syx to convert a full folder into .syx format. With our packs don't use any of the processing options. Just choose UltraRes. The IR's in the MPT folder will be MPT'd which means they're time aligned with other MPT'd IR's (f.ex. all stock cabs in your unit) and now you can mix and match those IR's. If you don't intend to mix ML IR's with someone else's IR's then just use the regular IR format as it'll be slightly higher quality.

If we plan on mixing them with the older ML IR packs should we convert the MPT folder then? I haven’t sent anything over to the axe yet because I’m just not sure which ones to use (MPT or not ) lol.

Back
Top Bottom