MFC IA LED and SP-1

sutnevju

Dear All,

I connected an SP-1 pedal to the MFC and set it up as a Wah. All works well (switch on the SP-1 assigned to bypass the Wah block), besides the IA LED not switching state. I have assigned IA 15 to the Wah block, the LED changes color if I press IA 15 on the MFC but not if I use the switch on the SP-1.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

thanks much!
Marco

If you mean "on" and "off" state, there's no way to control the external swtiches LED state so that they're "on-sync" with the MFC LED state or block state.

thanks guys, what I really mean is: can I have the IA LED change color showing that the effect is on or off by pressing an external switch in the same way it would turn from red to green (or vice versa) if I were pressing the actual IA LED?

thanks
Marco

thanks guys, what I really mean is: can I have the IA LED change color showing that the effect is on or off by pressing an external switch in the same way it would turn from red to green (or vice versa) if I were pressing the actual IA LED?

thanks
Marco
I've never tried but I don't think it's possible. The LEDs state (red, green or off) is set when the preset is loaded and then each footswitch (IA) controls its own LED status.

Marco, if you want to discuss this and other subjects in Italian, you can take a look at the Italian Babel Corner: here.
A long but useful thread.

Yes that was something Mission Enginering offers (I have an SP-1 with switch and LED) but unfortunately the LED can not be synced with the MFC: Ex: preset 1 with wah OFF on load. You switch ON with the external switch and its LED torn ON. Then you change preset with one that have the wah OFF BUT your external switch remains ON.

On the Axe FX Wiki I found this:

MFC-101: connecting a expression pedal with switch
  • Some expression pedals have a separate switch. You can use separate connections for the pedal and the switch and configure the switch to activate an effect which can be controlled with the pedal, such as a wah.
    • Connect the expression pedal to the MFC using one of the 4 expression pedal inputs on the MFC. Use a stereo (TRS) cable.
    • Connect the switch to one of the 2 switch inputs on the MFC. Use either a stereo (TRS) or mono (TS) cable. If using a mono cable, disable the other connection of the switch in the setup menu.
    • On the Axe-Fx, insert a Wah block in the preset.
    • Set the FREQ or CONTROL parameter of the Wah block to the External controller (the one that's tied to to the expression pedal, see below).
    • Use Damping if desired. Set PC RST to On. Keep Auto-engage Off because you will be using the switch.
    • Save the preset with the Wah disabled.
    • In I/O > Ctrl on the Axe-Fx, note which CC is used for the Wah 1 block (default #97).
    • In I/O > Ctrl on the Axe-Fx, note which CC is used for the External controller which is tied to the expression pedal, mentioned above.
    • In I/O > Midi on the Axe-Fx, verify that the External controller which is tied to the expression pedal is set to 0%.
    • Make sure that the expression pedal is calibrated (Edit > Setup on the MFC).
    • Make a connection between the pedal and the Axe-Fx by selecting the right CC and channel in Edit > MIDI on the MFC. Make sure you select the correct pedal input (XP1 - XP4). The CC must match the External controller's CC on the Axe-Fx (see above).
    • In Edit > Setup on the MFC set the external switch to Toggle. Make sure you select the correct switch input (XS1 - XS4).
    • Make a connection between the switch and the Axe-Fx by selecting the right CC and channel in Edit > MIDI on the MFC. Make sure you select the correct switch input (XS1 - XS4). The CC must match the CC of the Wah block on the Axe-Fx (see above). Set type to HDW. When using a mono cable for the switch, disable the other connection (set it to Off) to prevent MIDI problems.
    • Tell the MFC the switch values for Off and On (Edit > MIDI). 000 = Off. 127 = On. If the LED works vice versa, switch the values: 000 = On, 127 = Off.

I followed the instructions above, but it still doesn't work. The last bullet point mentions the LED on the MFC so it should work in some way..Perhaps I misinterpret it.

thanks
Marco

Yes what you reported above is right but it doesn't tell that the LED will be synced. If you use only one preset (as I wrote in my previous post) everything work fine but if you change preset with the LED on it will stay ON even if the wah is OFF. The MFC can not read LED status.
This is what I know but if someone can add something I'm happy to learn ;)

When you change the bypass state of a block with an external controller or Axe Edit, the MFC does not sync to the change and the I/A LED does not update automatically.

Back
Top Bottom