MESHUGGAH medley...

soularflair

Inspired
www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcwvf8aUAc

It was a long time coming but I finally got this damn thing finished.
It's a medley of 12 Meshuggah songs from multiple albums, joined together seamlessly (nearly 11 mins).
Playing was recorded direct into my DAW via my Axe-Fx Ultra (levels and panning done later).
Meshuggah panned mostly left, me panned mostly right.
Audio quality was given preference above video.

Guitar = Agile Interceptor Pro 730EB (Lundgren bridge and Sustainiac neck pickup, custom strings from Octave4Plus, tuned to low F).
Effects = Axe-Fx Ultra - 5 separate patches (big thanks to "magoga" here for his Holdsworth patch, upon which the solo patch was based).
Floor controller = Keith Macmillan Instruments "Softstep".

Considering doing a medley of Thordendal's "Sol Niger Within" down the track...maybe.

dpeterson said:
sounds good... you look pissed in spots... excellent.
I was pissed...partly cause the music required it...and also because that was by far not the first take...

EDIT: I decided I will do a Sol Niger Within medley as well. Edited the backing together today - looks like being ~9:30.

Nice work! I can't deal with practicing Meshuggah riffs. They sound great in the band context but not really very good isolated.

Love the F tuning \m/

claxor said:
Cool stuff!

Where did you get a 7 string Sustainiac neck pickup?
www.sustainiac.com/st-pro.htm - they've offered it for a little while now.
I should add that the Sustainiac wasn't engaged for the medley - there was no need for it. If anything exactly the opposite, the rhythm patch was heavily gated.
I'm still not truly happy with the Meshuggah rhythm patch I have, but haven't seen any other patches posted that really nail it. Getting really tight definition without bleed between extremely fast staccato riffs (like the "I" opening section) is a real challenge. I've been begging for a Meshuggah rhythm patch ever since I first came to the Axe forum :)
Must try that Stengah IR that was very recently posted though.
But "magoga's" Holdsworth patch pretty much nails it for the solo tones.

Sounds great man!

I've been jamming along with Sol Niger for the last month or so and can play the rhythm guitars pretty much straight through. I started off playing from the tab found at tandjent.com, but ended up making some corrections. Let me know if you have any questions or want the tab I have for it.

Sol Niger Within medley coming in a week or so...
YES!!!
Also, the MESHUGGAH MEDLEY video was what brought the Axe-fx to my attention a few years ago.
In hind sight, I owe you a BIG thank you. :twisted
Im excited to see/hear the Sol Niger WIthin medley.

YES!!!
Also, the MESHUGGAH MEDLEY video was what brought the Axe-fx to my attention a few years ago.
In hind sight, I owe you a BIG thank you. :twisted
Im excited to see/hear the Sol Niger WIthin medley.

haha, sweet :) Yes, it's a nice piece of kit. Best money I've spent on music related stuff.
And yeah, you'll dig the new medley. And it'll look a lot nicer than the original...no more shitty webcam. Plus not just the one shot with no changes.

Back
Top Bottom