Let's see those FM3 rigs!

Here's my current final iteration LOL!

Gokko/Soyan 12" X 18" aluminum pedalboard.

ADA MP-1 Channel (4 stage HV tube preamp with active EQ).

ZOOM MS-70 CDR Multi-FX (up to 6 FX in series at once)

Mosky Dual Footswitch.

Ceba Screen Protectors.

Mooer Footswitch Toppers.

Mono Club 2.0 Case

Custom Patchbay (to save the FM3's connectors from people tripping on cables on blacked out stages).

The whole pedalboard complete with cheap case, DIY patchbay and cabling cost around $100, including clockable XLR's and right-angle MIDI connectors, D-Series punched project box, plus the D-Series 5-Pin DINs and XLR connectors, and the D-Series1/4" connector.

The FM3's FAS Link connector is powering the ADA MP-1 Channel, as well as the ZOOM MS-70 CDR via a 12V to 9V step-down.

FC Setup...

FC1 tap controls the Ableton LIVE Looper Plugin's Play button, and hold the FM3's Tuner.
FC2 tap controls the Ableton LIVE Session Loop button, and hold the Ableton LIVE Looper Plugin's Undo button.
FC3 tap switches Delay FX, and hold selects the Auto-Wah.

The Mosky Dual Switch 1 tap increments Scenes, and hold decrements Scenes (the majority of FX changes and cross-fades/fades are automated).
The Mosky Dual Switch 2 tap selects Pitch FX (Whammy).

In this mode, the FM3's Amp Block is providing the ADA MP-1 Channel with additional virtual tone stacks, triode filtering, power supplies, filtered NFB, and tube power amp sims etc in addition to cab sims and FX.

Last edited:
How do you like the Airstep? Does it compare to the Mc6 from morningstar?
I like it a lot, it has all the functions I need for controlling presets, relays and bluetooth stuff!
About the Morningstar I really don’t know, but i guess since it’s just midi, it will run well!

I'm still trying to decide if I want to get an MC6/MC8 or jump to the FC6. Ease of programming is a plus for the FC6, but the size changes things quite a bit.
Indeed, effort/time for programming seems more with the Morningstars. Less weight/size was the key decision for me. Probably I will even downgrade to the MC6 in future. I'd love to see further development on the Morningstar integration. Currently it's a nice starting point but I still miss quite some functionalities and/or the ability to use/edit the layout/setup with the Morningstar Editor.

Indeed, effort/time for programming seems more with the Morningstars. Less weight/size was the key decision for me. Probably I will even downgrade to the MC6 in future. I'd love to see further development on the Morningstar integration. Currently it's a nice starting point but I still miss quite some functionalities and/or the ability to use/edit the layout/setup with the Morningstar Editor.
I went ahead and ordered the fc6. Was going for all on one board, but I figure I'll have the fm3 with expression pedal and wireless on a small board and then the fc6 on the floor. Might fit around the mic stand a little better. lol

Reactions: 4CM
Updated my rig with a Temple Duo 17 board!
Was done putting it in my bag and leaving my midi controller with iem stuff on the ground.
Everything is powered by the FM3, using the FAS connector.
The behringer unit is fine for monitoring, hearing myself in stereo and having the rest of the band mix in mono using the XLR input.
My uncle had this PIPEline wireless system laying around and it sounds OK, there is no noticeable latency and have yet to have problems with the 2.4 ghz connection.

Would love to hear recommendations to replace the behringer and PIPEline units! Although they are fine for now, the sound quality is noticeably slightly worse comparing to the headphone out on the unit itself.

DSC_0243.JPGDSC_0245 (2).JPGDSC_0247.JPG

Updated my rig with a Temple Duo 17 board!
Was done putting it in my bag and leaving my midi controller with iem stuff on the ground.
Everything is powered by the FM3, using the FAS connector.
The behringer unit is fine for monitoring, hearing myself in stereo and having the rest of the band mix in mono using the XLR input.
My uncle had this PIPEline wireless system laying around and it sounds OK, there is no noticeable latency and have yet to have problems with the 2.4 ghz connection.

Would love to hear recommendations to replace the behringer and PIPEline units! Although they are fine for now, the sound quality is noticeably slightly worse comparing to the headphone out on the unit itself.

View attachment 95767View attachment 95768View attachment 95770
That’s really cool! FASLINK puts out 12V? I never even thought of tapping into that to power other stuff.

-Aaron

That’s really cool! FASLINK puts out 12V? I never even thought of tapping into that to power other stuff.

-Aaron
Yeah its 12v!
There are a few posts on the forum on how to do it, but its pretty straight forward!
Super easy to just plug in to the fm3 and be done

Updated pics with info for my singer/guitarists out there!

Temple Audio Duo 24
Fractal Audio FM3
Ampero Two Button Switch (Left brings up Looper Controls, Right brings up Tuner)
PylePro PMXU48BT
Xvive U4 In-Ear Monitor Wireless System
Boss FV-50 Expression Pedal
Line 6 G30 underneath
Surge Protector and cables
Amazon EIC adapter ($10!!! compared to Temple Audio's ridiculously priced EIC for $49)

Still looking for a case, with the Duo 24 and the FM3 it is 25x13x6.25, every affordable case (less than $150) seems to top out at 5.5 inch depth. A previous suggestion for the Pelican V800 series pointed me to the Pelican V700 series which I was able to find for $149 that just might (probably not) fit since it's only 6 inches deep and the Duo 24 with Fractal is 6.25 inches deep.

This setup allows me to monitor both my vocals and the FM3 while giving me phantom power on my Blue 200 mic (which I hate having to ask every venue to give me phantom power). I bought some XLR passthrough cables for the FM3 FOH, Mic and Mic input but it seems like it might be sticking out too much on the FM3 and the PylePro and when I run the cables underneath the Duo 24 with the patch ports. So I might just keep it as is.

For Practice: I plug in my Blue 200 to the Left XLR input and channel the FM3 on channel 3/4 dead center and send out Main Left to my Xvive and the Right to my Alto TS315. This allows me to have two different outputs for monitoring and FOH (for the FM3).

For Live: I'm hoping to run Left Main XLR (PylePro) to my Xvive (which will run guitar/vocals, FM3 running Left and Vocals running Center) and Right Main XLR (Pyle Pro) which will be Mic only (panned Center) to FOH, then from the FM3 XLR (Left or Right) to FOH. I'm excited to see how it goes. One great thing about this setup is that I can finally hear myself in or out of tune when I'm singing! I've been disappointed with my vocals in just about every performance because one way or another I could never clearly hear myself sing. Now with this setup, I can clearly hear myself in (or out) of tune! I'm excited! I would love it if the FM3 would have had a phantom powered XLR input/output so I could have just routed from the FM3 Left (vocals) Right (FM3). Super excited to use this setup live!

20220208_221801.jpg
20220208_221855.jpg
20220208_221919.jpg
20220208_221907.jpg

Attachments

• 20220208_221919.jpg
    20220208_221919.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 13
  • 20220208_221907.jpg
    20220208_221907.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 20
Still looking for a case, with the Duo 24 and the FM3 it is 25x13x6.25, every affordable case (less than $150) seems to top out at 5.5 inch depth. A previous suggestion for the Pelican V800 series pointed me to the Pelican V700 series which I was able to find for $149 that just might (probably not) fit since it's only 6 inches deep and the Duo 24 with Fractal is 6.25 inches deep.
I am probably the one who recommended the Vault cases.

Check Amazon as there are a number of similar cases from other brands that might work. Searching for "gun case" will get you started...

I am probably the one who recommended the Vault cases.

Check Amazon as there are a number of similar cases from other brands that might work. Searching for "gun case" will get you started...
Awesome, thanks the recommendation... the problem that I am seeing is that the height of the FM3 and the Duo 24 is at 6.25 inches. Every gun case that I've seen maxes out at 6 inches on the inside 'height'. I've already tried two other gun cases. I'm starting to move over to drum cases to see if they can fit but most are closed with the strap which I'm not liking. I did find what seems to be a great fit but the case starts at close to $450!

Awesome, thanks the recommendation... the problem that I am seeing is that the height of the FM3 and the Duo 24 is at 6.25 inches. Every gun case that I've seen maxes out at 6 inches on the inside 'height'. I've already tried two other gun cases. I'm starting to move over to drum cases to see if they can fit but most are closed with the strap which I'm not liking. I did find what seems to be a great fit but the case starts at close to $450!
Well, I've got the V870 which says it is 6 inches. My FM9 and Mission pedals mounted on 2 Duo 24 boards fit with some foam still on the lid.

I don't think the FM9 is much different height from the FM3... If any?

Actually, my bassist has a different Vault series case for his FM3/FC6 on a Duo board. Let me see what model he's using.

Have checked Pelican? They’re not cheap,
but they seem to have some cases that are deeper - like 7 or 8 inches. For example: https://www.pelican.com/us/en/product/cases/long-case/storm/im3220

Back
Top Bottom