LCD screen getting faint

Dutch

Fractal Fanatic
I had my II since april '11. The screen was never as clear (or dark) as my Ultra's to begin with, but the lines on my LCD screen are now getting nearly indescernable. This is with contrast on full, btw, any movement on that slider makes it worse.

It also gets worse after it's been on for a couple of hours.

I contacted G66 this weekend. Haven't heard back yet, but it's only been one workday.

Anybody else have this problem?

These pics were taken when it had been on for a couple of hours. The top one is from my normal viewing position, the second is a bit lower. Last is with flash. You can just make out that it's on.

View attachment 19107

fractal LCD 02.jpg

fractal LCD 03.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, not sure his will help. I've had a Flickering screen since I got it when it first came out. It didn't bother me much. Recently I read in the forum that it could be a loose cable inside, so I opened it up and tightened the LCD Screen cable and now it's as good as new.

Are you powering an MFC via ethernet?
Nope.

Contrast is on full.

I'll try resetting the cables again. I have opened her up before, I think I pushed them all to make sure they were solid, but it's been a while.

This Unit never had very high contrast, I always had the slider on full. With my Ultra I had it just half an inch over center. With the Ultra the background got dark at contrast on full. No such thing on this one.

I don't think it would be the cable, then it would just have intermittent contact: stop working every so often. Flickering.
This is just like not getting enough power to the LCD grid. Or something like that. That's not from a loose cable.

I had a weak LCD screen on mine too, with plenty flickering going on.
I kind of learned to live with it, although not happy at all.
But when a vertical line of dead pixels appeared, Sussi/G66 sent me a new display pronto.

I'm sure you will get a replacement screen.
It wasn't too hard to change it.

Per

I don't think it would be the cable, then it would just have intermittent contact: stop working every so often. Flickering.
This is just like not getting enough power to the LCD grid. Or something like that. That's not from a loose cable.

This is what it sounds like to me, mine has the same problem if I try to power my MFC via ethernet (which seems to pull too much power from the unit, and my LCD suffers). I've learned to use 7pin midi (with the MFC power adapter plugged into the back of the AXE). I returned mine initially, and they couldn't find anything wrong with the unit (even replaced the whole LCD just in case). I've learned to live with the slight nuisance.

I understand why you think this way but in my case this is exactly what mine did.

It suffered from really low contrast , was very difficult to see even with contrast maxed. there were occasion lines across display, but it never flickered even once.

I pulled the cables off board reseated them and has been flawless for a year.

It is the cable. I had the same thing - pluging in and out fixed it only for several days. Then I turned the cable - board side to lcd side and everything is working since 6 month.

Wow. No kidding.

It works. Pulled the cable, which was very snug, btw, replugged it, switched it on and contrast is huge!

Thanks for not giving in to my resistance! I love you guys! I'll give you all a thank-you-like!

I had a weak LCD screen on mine too, with plenty flickering going on.
I kind of learned to live with it, although not happy at all.
But when a vertical line of dead pixels appeared, Sussi/G66 sent me a new display pronto.

I'm sure you will get a replacement screen.
It wasn't too hard to change it.

Per

How did to go about getting a replacement? I tried talking to customer service but they said there wasn't any user serviceable parts in the axe fx 2

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Yes I also have this, received my AXE II in Feb 2012 from G66.

Mine seems to get worse with live use, the screen flickers in time to the drum beat :lol

Mine is going back next week for repair, also my cooling fan sounds like it's dying too :roll

Back
Top Bottom