I want my AXE now really bad!!

rodabt

Inspired
Help!! I can't sleep, eat or work properly :lol: . I've been selling all my stuff since I got the money for an Ultra but still I have to wait TWO more months to place and order for it (*) :( . What can I do while I wait? Anxiety is killing me. Besides I'm beginning to get nervous as I see many people buying Ultras...will there be left one for me when I get there?. I've contacted G66 and they assure there will be no stock problems. Should I believe it?....or maybe should I seek one benevolent soul to house one for me right now while I arrive?

I've already downloaded manuals, all presets (from the closed Axechange site), utilities...even the old Editor!! (thanks LarsB). Been reading the Wiki (very helpful) and lots of posts, all great stuff, but......no Axe yet. Even practicing my german does not seem to help... ich werde nervous.

I need some comfort. I'm in panic. :mrgreen:

(*): I'm moving to Germany (Berlin) on june so there is no point in ordering one now from Chile (lots of taxes and shipping costs). All my guitars and stuff will be travelling by ship and the trip takes between 30-45 days!!....too long to wait.

Wow... thats pretty rough... Read the manual, thats a good one. There are tons of similar threads. I posted a similar one. OHHH... You can put yourself on the map. Might be a little preemptive, but it'll kee you busy. Also you could spend weeks deciding which accessories you'll need and reading all the threads reviewing them. Have you decided what kind of rack to put it in? Expression pedal? Foot controller? As I suggested to someone else.

1. Buy a used POD...
2. Use for the duration in which you'll be waiting...
3. Day before your Ultra comes take your POD into a field
4. Crank up some gangsta Rap
5. Smash the POD to bits

You'll appreciate the Axe that much more.

Firstpenguin said:
Wow... thats pretty rough... Read the manual, thats a good one. There are tons of similar threads. I posted a similar one. OHHH... You can put yourself on the map. Might be a little preemptive, but it'll kee you busy. Also you could spend weeks deciding which accessories you'll need and reading all the threads reviewing them. Have you decided what kind of rack to put it in? Expression pedal? Foot controller? As I suggested to someone else.

1. Buy a used POD...
2. Use for the duration in which you'll be waiting...
3. Day before your Ultra comes take your POD into a field
4. Crank up some gangsta Rap
5. Smash the POD to bits

You'll appreciate the Axe that much more.

Got a Toneport UX2. Used to love it..now I hate it :lol: . Yeah, maybe a I can record stuff meanwhile and do some reamping. Then when I get my Ultra I can redo the reamp thing and compare, just to see how the Ultra will kick the hell a** of the Toneport. Just for fun. Off course steps 3-5 are a MUST :mrgreen:

Accesories?...well got almost everything figured out. Still remains the choice for a good FRFR. Maybe when I get to Berlin the Fratomic will be just released :twisted:

Now with the map, let me see...Don't now exactly where I'll be living in Berlin so I guess I'll have to choose some random location meanwhile.

Some of us had to wait 4+ months back in the day when there was a wait list. I did.

Read up, soak it in and learn all you can going in.

rodabt said:
Help!! I can't sleep, eat or work properly :lol: . I've been selling all my stuff since I got the money for an Ultra but still I have to wait TWO more months to place and order for it (*) :( . What can I do while I wait? Anxiety is killing me. Besides I'm beginning to get nervous as I see many people buying Ultras...will there be left one for me when I get there?. I've contacted G66 and they assure there will be no stock problems. Should I believe it?....or maybe should I seek one benevolent soul to house one for me right now while I arrive?

I've already downloaded manuals, all presets (from the closed Axechange site), utilities...even the old Editor!! (thanks LarsB). Been reading the Wiki (very helpful) and lots of posts, all great stuff, but......no Axe yet. Even practicing my german does not seem to help... ich werde nervous.

(*): I'm moving to Germany (Berlin) on june so there is no point in ordering one now from Chile (lots of taxes and shipping costs). All my guitars and stuff will be travelling by ship and the trip takes between 30-45 days!!....too long to wait.
Hey there Rod, be careful because you might be setting yourself up for disappointment... The Axe-fx is the bomb but, if you don't have everything lined up to use it properly (good cab, good amp, good frfr speakers, good cables, good guitar, etc...) it might sound like shit... When I got the Axe-fx it was on firmware 5.xx and I was very disappointed from day one... as I've said in the past, it wasn't until 7.xx that I was very satisfied with my Axe-fx for direct and live tones (that was over 6 months of tweaking and waiting for the Axe-fx to evolve)... even then I'm using two cabs to blend the low end of the Flextone cab and the high end of the Marshall 1960 cab. Either way, be careful cuz even if you've downloaded the manual, used the editor, downloaded all the patches/cabs in the world, none of them might work for your setup... be patient because there is a learning curve. I've just started to understand how to get great grit from my distortion tones just using the amp/tone/advanced parameters from only amp sim. As I've said, be patient... because when you first get it, you may or may not initially love it... either way good luck! If you have questions, we'll be here! :D

Scott Peterson said:
Some of us had to wait 4+ months back in the day when there was a wait list. I did.

I remember reading about guys waiting close to a year to get theirs. I think I waited 4-5 months.

And for the thread starter, as always............

:mrgreen:

shredi knight said:
[quote="Scott Peterson":30od0hy7]Some of us had to wait 4+ months back in the day when there was a wait list. I did.

I remember reading about guys waiting close to a year to get theirs. I think I waited 4-5 months.

And for the thread starter, as always............

:mrgreen:[/quote:30od0hy7]
lol... I only *just* noticed the patch you had dialed in on that pic
good times :)

my oldschool wait was just under six months and as before, "it's worth the wait"

and back then, to tide us over 'til our unit was ready, we read the firmware release notes! :p
except java... he just figured out whatever was new without even reading.

Weird, I've ordered my Axe at G66 and had one 2 days later :D , with the newest firmware and a new super-silent fan :)

Lukator said:
Weird, I've ordered my Axe at G66 and had one 2 days later :D , with the newest firmware and a new super-silent fan :)

Pfft, you kids today. I waited 8 months for my Ultra and it was worth it!

Hang in there rodabt!

Lukator said:

Hey Lukator, did you have to ask for those extra features yourself or had them automatically added by G66?

rodabt said:

The same anticipation I went through - manual, editor, wiki, forum..........................and absorbing it all like a sponge. All of that reading paid off when my FX finally arrived (I practically memorized the owner's manual) - I was ready to set it up and go at it. :D

Your cold sweats and sleepness nights will be rewarded, rodabt. Hang in there!

Scott Peterson said:

Just cause I haven't rubbed it in for awhile...............I got my Standard during the $999.00 sale period. I waited two days for it to arrive. :cool:

:lol:

Ordered an Standard or Ultra from G66 21st June 2007 got an Ultra 2nd of June 2008. The best things in life comes to those who wait, I couldn't, sold my children into service and imported a used standard until the Ultra arrived :D

I'm still having treatment for the mental scarring, my doctor says I can have my pencil sharpener back for my crayons in the next couple of months ;)

rodabt said:
Lukator said:

Hey Lukator, did you have to ask for those extra features yourself or had them automatically added by G66?

No, this were not extra features. I think, they do it for everyone :)
I'd ordered it at 24th march 2009 and got it at 26th march, sensational!

Peter Hundley said:
[quote="Scott Peterson":21hn78lo]Some of us had to wait 4+ months back in the day when there was a wait list. I did.

Just cause I haven't rubbed it in for awhile...............I got my Standard during the $999.00 sale period. I waited two days for it to arrive. :cool:

:lol:[/quote:21hn78lo]
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

At least I got an Ultra! After a years wait and three times that $.
BUT IT'S AN ULTRA!

Dutch said:
Peter Hundley said:
[quote="Scott Peterson":2zt8zuz0]Some of us had to wait 4+ months back in the day when there was a wait list. I did.

BUT IT'S AN ULTRA!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:[/quote:2zt8zuz0]

I sold my Standard and traded up to an Ultra about a year later. When I got my Standard the Ultras didn't even exist.

p

Peter Hundley said:
Dutch said:
[quote="Peter Hundley":2633530w]

BUT IT'S AN ULTRA!

I sold my Standard and traded up to an Ultra about a year later. When I got my Standard the Ultras didn't even exist.

p[/quote:2633530w]
I know! I'm just jealous. All in the past. ;)

No worries!!!

Back
Top Bottom