How about a fractal light ?

I don`t need it and don`t want it. It would take so much energy and time to develop such a thing...

In that case I’ll just go buy a Boss Core
For sure. I do like Boss but they aren't up to FAS level. I have I admit that I was intrigued by the Core when it came out because of the size. I think it's at a reasonable price point ($700) but I'm just too spoiled by my FM3.

For sure. I do like Boss but they aren't up to FAS level. I have I admit that I was intrigued by the Core when it came out because of the size. I think it's at a reasonable price point ($700) but I'm just too spoiled by my FM3.

The FM3 is great. Owned one three times, and love my FM9 Turbo.
But the FM3 is too big to throw in my guitar case as a grab ‘n go.

I think a flatter floor unit with an exp pedal akin to POD Go or Helix Lite priced around 400-500$ with the same sim quality but less features, sleeker UI and possibly touchscreen controls would be perfect for more novice players/people who dont want to mess around with all the "fat".

The FM3 is great. Owned one three times, and love my FM9 Turbo.
But the FM3 is too big to throw in my guitar case as a grab ‘n go.
I like the idea of a grab and go unit ! I just dont see it coming now , but perhaps in 5 to 10 years, who knows...

We're playing a couple of benefits in Thailand next year. Flying there, of course. I have no idea what to take. FM3 is still large and heavy and I still have a problem getting to all my functions with only 3 buttons. I can barely manage to play my parts and stay in the pocket, I just don't have the mental capacity to simultaneously tap through layouts to get to what I need. So I need periferals, I.e. more stuff to carry.

No idea how John Mayer plays and taps that huge pedalboard and sings over it all at the same time. He must have a couple of extracorporeal brains with a lightpipe interface in a cupboard somewhere.

I think a flatter floor unit with an exp pedal akin to POD Go or Helix Lite priced around 400-500$ with the same sim quality but less features, sleeker UI and possibly touchscreen controls would be perfect for more novice players/people who dont want to mess around with all the "fat".
They would never be able to
Keep FM3 quality and add touchscreen for that price range even the newer Hotone stuff is like $700 USD and right now FM3 is 999

Maybe call it FM1 no tube bias thingy stuff less parameters on everything- cut out all the fat make it simple to use and make it tiny - yes no?
I think you are looking for a line 6 or Fender thing...

I want a ferrari with only 2 gears and someone to fuel it up for me.

I think a smaller, lighter Fractal sounds like a good idea. I wouldn’t want any less options on the amp block though. A smaller pedal without switches that has just one amp and cab per preset, but still has the same sound quality would be great. Or just one switch to change from a rhythm tone to a lead tone. Especially for fly gigs. I would actually pay more for a smaller unit with less functions and power, since size and weight is important to me and many of my presets usually are very simple anyway.

Obvious answer is repurpose the X-Load enclosure, cut out the top for a screen, drill a few holes in the back for additional i/o and add a faslink port for adding a controller.
:D

A floor unit without switches (FM0) wouldn‘t make much sense. A compact desk unit (DM0), though…

Happy Nft GIF by OOZ&mates

We're playing a couple of benefits in Thailand next year. Flying there, of course. I have no idea what to take. FM3 is still large and heavy and I still have a problem getting to all my functions with only 3 buttons. I can barely manage to play my parts and stay in the pocket, I just don't have the mental capacity to simultaneously tap through layouts to get to what I need. So I need periferals, I.e. more stuff to carry.

No idea how John Mayer plays and taps that huge pedalboard and sings over it all at the same time. He must have a couple of extracorporeal brains with a lightpipe interface in a cupboard somewhere.
Maybe try something like the Voes MX-5. A small midi controller that would fit right in front of the FM3...

I would more love to see a VST version of everything ..
When the QC can load plugins, they can have the same sound on stage and in the studio - that's pretty awesome ..

Maybe try something like the Voes MX-5. A small midi controller that would fit right in front of the FM3...
I'm using yamaha MDBT-01 (mine stays cool) in the fm3 for my ipad to change presets with the songs. I then use the fm3 buttons for scenes and an outboard two buttons for tap/tuner and Amp-output-and-save to get preset levelled out during rehearsals. plus an exp pedal for volume. I don't get how people do without. But I'm running into that I want to have some extra buttons for drive and volume boost and an extra expression pedal for wah or I'd have to get a midi merger to add an extra midi pedal. Which makes it even more complex and... heavy.
And let's be honest, for a three button unit the FM3 is HUGE. And it needs outboard stuff. Not really a flygig board.

I'm using yamaha MDBT-01 (mine stays cool) in the fm3 for my ipad to change presets with the songs. I then use the fm3 buttons for scenes and an outboard two buttons for tap/tuner and Amp-output-and-save to get preset levelled out during rehearsals. plus an exp pedal for volume. I don't get how people do without. But I'm running into that I want to have some extra buttons for drive and volume boost and an extra expression pedal for wah or I'd have to get a midi merger to add an extra midi pedal. Which makes it even more complex and... heavy.
And let's be honest, for a three button unit the FM3 is HUGE. And it needs outboard stuff. Not really a flygig board.
Got it...

There is also something like the AudioFront Expression IO. I think you could pass midi thru it from the MDBT-01.

It's pretty small/light... It has 4 TRS jacks so you could add up to 8 switches.

I use one with my FM9 to connect 4 expression pedals, then I have switches mounted thru my board (no extra enclosures required) and connected to the pedal jacks of the FM9.

Anyway, that's another option...

Back
Top Bottom