How about a fractal light ?

I’d be buying one myself… a FlyRig 5 is my current throwdown in case of the unspeakable happening. That’s a Cliff-dive down if I have to use it.

I’m not opposed to them making anything that fits their plan. Personally I‘d rather see them go the other way, and fit an Axe Fx III into an RJM GT22 sized box with 12-15 switches and the larger screens. That, I believe, would be a looooong waitlist item. But we’ll just have to wait and see what the geniuses up north come up with next!

Agreed, whatever Cliff and the team come up with next I'm sure I'll end up buying

That's not how it would work...say you could buy a small programmable hardware unit with jacks for exp pedals and jacks for adding footswitches or midi. Then you pay a subscription price enabling you to swap out 10 or so fx blocks as you wish from FAS library.
If you don't want access to library don't pay subscription price.
Personally I haven't changed my live rig fx chain for years...that model would work for me and probably many others.
As long as the price of the hardware unit was reasonable...course all of this may not be feasible for FAS...just a thought experiment.
Help me understand. “Subscription” means you pay a fixed amount over and over again, like the yearly subscription you have to pay to Microsoft to keep their stuff running.

Do you mean à la carte, where you buy menu items one-at-a-time? Or do you mean that you’d pay for maybe ten blocks, and you can swap them with other blocks later on? That would cripple every preset that used any block that you swapped out.

Help me understand. “Subscription” means you pay a fixed amount over and over again, like the yearly subscription you have to pay to Microsoft to keep their stuff running.

Do you mean à la carte, where you buy menu items one-at-a-time? Or do you mean that you’d pay for maybe ten blocks, and you can swap them with other blocks later on? That would cripple every preset that used any block that you swapped out.
Ha ha...I'm not offering a business plan, just rolling ideas around having no idea if it would work. ;)

Best Friends Dance GIF by Sub Pop Records

This has been brought up over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

This has been brought up over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.
I think you left out one or two overs. :p

Jeez I wonder then if people really actually do want a simpler, smaller FM3 and show this by R E P E A T E D L Y asking for it…

1700036493430.gif

This is what we do that's why we're here - all good

I never encountered a problem yet that couldn't be fixed with MOAR COFFEE. You did good, fella! hug.gif

I don’t know anyone who runs an FM3 who hasn’t just said fuck it, I’ll buy the FM9.
I do. For fly dates, the smaller the better. The fm3 fits in a backpack and can be carried on easily.

However, I still think a smaller form factor FM0 , no screen, no foot switches and a couple of knobs along with a separate 4-5 button switch (like the xsonic airstep) would be great. And deep editing via Bluetooth on an iPad.

It would be really cool if Fractal were able to make a box with a similar form factor to tonex that just did an amp/cab model. They like to keep their tried and true form factors to be able to re-use parts, so it might be challenging to get decent profit margins on such a project.

Back
Top Bottom