Help Axe FX III Bypassing Amp Blocks

Hypieran

So today fired up the Axe FX III and the amp block in the chain is flashing on and off. I cant get it to stop its like im bypassing it on and off. Im not sure whats causing it. Any ideas?

So today fired up the Axe FX III and the amp block in the chain is flashing on and off. I cant get it to stop its like im bypassing it on and off. Im not sure whats causing it. Any ideas?
Disconnect your FC if you’re using one. If you’re using axe edit, it may be as simple as your keyboard space bar sticking.

Tried everything unhooked something is going on I think. Ever since I got an FCB1010. I cant get it working midi wise. If I change in midi menu on axe from effects toggle to value it stops flashing. But it wont let me manually bypass I have no clue. I'm wondering if the midi port is damaged.

Unplug the USB cable and check the block on the front panel. If it stops bypassing, it's coming from your computer.

Tried everything unhooked something is going on I think. Ever since I got an FCB1010. I cant get it working midi wise. If I change in midi menu on axe from effects toggle to value it stops flashing. But it wont let me manually bypass I have no clue. I'm wondering if the midi port is damaged.
Yeah, I never did get the FCB1010 to do what I wanted. I sold it and went with an FC12 and life is good.
You may need to use a backup of your global settings, I think.. “someone will correct me if I’m wrong “ to restore if something has been changed while all that has been going on.

I tried unplugging all midi stuff and my PC USB it still does it only way to stop it is to go into midi settings on axe change effects to value instead or toggle. It only is amp blocks. Every other block I can turn on and off. Now I got it stopped bypassing but it wont let me bypass it for another scene. Any amp block. Starting to wonder if its hardware issue. Like the Axe FX its self.

I tried unplugging all midi stuff and my PC USB it still does it only way to stop it is to go into midi settings on axe change effects to value instead or toggle. It only is amp blocks. Every other block I can turn on and off. Now I got it stopped bypassing but it wont let me bypass it for another scene. Any amp block. Starting to wonder if its hardware issue. Like the Axe FX its self.
It’s more likely you’ve changed a parameter in the axe Fx. Use a backup and restore to before you made the MIDI changes.

Is it in all presets?
Yes everywhere. As I said no midi plugged in no usb plugged in idk what is causing this. Started when I plugged in a new 10ft usb cable last night. Now I cant figure what would cause it. I'm worried its inside the unit like the usb port caused an issue or something

Idk I'll try when I get home will it effect my presets? Also did I say how the midi light is active the whole time it just stays on?

Idk I'll try when I get home will it effect my presets? Also did I say how the midi light is active the whole time it just stays on?
Then it thinks midi is coming in, either via USB or a midi cable.

Are you certain nothing is plugged in?

Possible there's a pin broken off in the midi jack?

i doubt a hardware problem would lead to specifically the amp block bypassing.

check your Setup > MIDI > Bypass menu to see if anything is assigned to the Amp block.

I'll try a parameter reset when I get home and check midi ports and usb ports make sure nothing stuck I'll update you all tonight. Thanks so much. Such a great community.

So the parameter reset worked the amp block is no longer bypassing. Now is the midi light supposed to stay on when your usb is hooked to PC? When i unplug FCB1010 the light for midi in stays on. Also still cant get scene changes to work it will switch presets but not scenes so weird. Like PC changes work but CC dont. I know thats a different topic but. Thanks

So the parameter reset worked the amp block is no longer bypassing. Now is the midi light supposed to stay on when your usb is hooked to PC? When i unplug FCB1010 the light for midi in stays on. Also still cant get scene changes to work it will switch presets but not scenes so weird. Like PC changes work but CC dont. I know thats a different topic but. Thanks
Yes MIDI light stays on when the Edit program is running.

You most likely had the Amp Bypass midi entry set to something, but without having seen it myself it’s hard to guess what was causing it to constantly change.

Thanks a lot now if i can figure out why even when i put CC 34 and 0 thru 7 value on the FCB1010 why it doesnt change scenes then ill be set. Thanks for all the help.

Thanks a lot now if i can figure out why even when i put CC 34 and 0 thru 7 value on the FCB1010 why it doesnt change scenes then ill be set. Thanks for all the help.
You need to set CC#34 in the Setup > MIDI > Other page for Scene select (I think it’s the “other”page.)

You need to set CC#34 in the Setup > MIDI > Other page for Scene select (I think it’s the “other”page.)
yeah i did several times its weird its almost like i can change presets with PC msgs but when i try CC msgs it doesnt work its driving me up the wall. watched several videos and i know im programming it correctly on the FCB1010 it just doesnt make since. Im trying now to figure out PC Mapping so it will just go to the Preset and Scene but say i map PC 127 to Preset 450 Scene 2. It still goes to Preset 126 when i do PC 127

Back
Top Bottom