Votes: 8 7.1%
  • April 2011

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • May 2011

Votes: 55 49.1%
  • June 2011

Votes: 19 17.0%

• Total voters
The way I see it the guys who are on the G66 list from the back end of last year will get there hands on the first batch and I think the backlog was due to the fact that the AXE 2 was nearing completion. Judging by the pictures that Cliff and his electronic production company posted, showing the extension of the lab that builds the AXE2's, it proves that with the launch of this unit FAS are trying to ramp up there production capability.
The one thing that dose slightly confuse me is that all the GA (genral assembly, fitting the unit is there metal work) seems to be being done by Cliff and his guys at Fractal. I would have thought the company that populated the PCB's would also do the GA and testing of the units and then ship them over to FAS in boxes ready to ship to customers. I'm sure that this is what's actually happening but maybe not...who knows..

Anyway roll on New Years Eve!!!

I don't have an order number. How did you order yours? When I ordered I didn't see any "button" just an email adress to write to asking to get on the list.

I asked her about an order number and she said this:

Hi Ricardo,

You only get an order number if you order through the online system, but that number doesn’t have anything to do with the waiting list. When your Axe-Fx II is ready you will get an order confirmation.

Kind Regards
Sussi

Hi James good to see another Welshy on the site. Yeah Sussi told me the same. Don't listen to me mate my prediction about Xmas is only based on if I get one before then I will be over the moon, but If it takes until the end of the year I will be happy with that as well. It's all about managing expectations. If that doesn't happen and I'm still Axeless then the nice Tom Anderson guitar that I've had my eye on for a while will be getting bought instead.

Hey Mork,
I have 2 Tom Andersons. They are the best. My Cobra has recently been fitted with a H3+ pickup and it sounds awesome. My Hollow Drop Top is also exceedingly sweet. They just feel and play beautifully and sound sublime. Go for it

Regards

James

Hi James good to see another Welshy on the site. Yeah Sussi told me the same. Don't listen to me mate my prediction about Xmas is only based on if I get one before then I will be over the moon, but If it takes until the end of the year I will be happy with that as well. It's all about managing expectations. If that doesn't happen and I'm still Axeless then the nice Tom Anderson guitar that I've had my eye on for a while will be getting bought instead.

Hey Mork,
I have 2 Tom Andersons. They are the best. My Cobra has recently been fitted with a H3+ pickup and it sounds awesome. My Hollow Drop Top is also exceedingly sweet. They just feel and play beautifully and sound sublime. Go for it

Regards

James

Far do's James you've got some mighty fine guitars. You'll have to post some pics. I had my eye on a very nice Atom but then got sucked into the black hole of FAS. Did you buy your Tom's new or second hand? There's not that many dealers over here and I bet the waiting list at Tom Anderson makes FAS look like Amazon lol

Far do's James you've got some mighty fine guitars. You'll have to post some pics. I had my eye on a very nice Atom but then got sucked into the black hole of FAS. Did you buy your Tom's new or second hand? There's not that many dealers over here and I bet the waiting list at Tom Anderson makes FAS look like Amazon lol

My HDT I bought on impulse in 1998 at Birmingham Guitar show. Sounds Great had a stand there. It was the spec I wanted but in retrospect maybe not the colour. Buts it's a lush guitar. Even better with age. The Cobra was on eBay in 2005. Really good deal. Looked like a Grey Import. Barely used. Would love the new Bulldog but too expensive! TA takes pride in making good instruments. Prob a fairly long waiting list but he makes 800 per year si it's not that small an outfit. Once you've played one you never go back. They are sweet!
Cheers
James

So looks like there is now a waiting list for the States plus for the inconvenience of having to put your name down on a list (something we G66ers are used to) they will get $400 knocked of the list price!!!

Has Cliff or any other admin said anything about if the G66 list gets this discount? The hole thing is mental!

So looks like there is now a waiting list for the States plus for the inconvenience of having to put your name down on a list (something we G66ers are used to) they will get $400 knocked of the list price!!!

Has Cliff or any other admin said anything about if the G66 list gets this discount? The hole thing is mental!

price in usa is also gone up $400. so if you can wait, you go on the list and it's the old price.
if you don't want to wait you have to pay 400 extra

price in usa is also gone up $400. so if you can wait, you go on the list and it's the old price.
if you don't want to wait you have to pay 400 extra

WHAT!! You're kidding right? Christ this is messed up man. I'm sure the current price will stay the same at G66 then and not 400Euro more, it just has to...right?

Last edited:
WHAT!! You're kidding right? Christ this is messed up man. I'm sure the current price will stay the same at G66 then and not 400Euro more, it just has to...right?

AFAIK this is only for USA-market. We european are on a waiting list, so we have the old price

Thank god for that or I was going to have to sell another kidney.

Last edited:
...and there might be a big queue of folks wanting to pay their extra 400...some may not like waiting and might be willing to pay 800 to jump the queue-jumping queue...where would it all end?!! ;)

Selling kidneys is right, with the £617 for the MFC-101 and the £150 for the mission expression pedals I'll order as well, this is going to be a big enough kick in the b*lls to my credit card as it is !! Post edit : Damn, and remembering how much favourable the EURO was to the £ back in December would have worked out £2,400 for the lot and now pushing £2,800. But I'll only need to do this once and I've waited so long so *exhales*

Last edited:
Just received an email from g66 saying those who joined the waiting list in may are expected as of now to receive their axe-fx II between august and september.

This is purely a rough estimate, in the assumption that there will be no unforeseen delays. In other words, these dates are not guaranteed!

Alright, even being " top of the list " doesnt snag me the 1st batch *lol* Just received this today :

Hi David,
Yours won’t be in the first smaller shipment but if the next shipment will be a normal size shipment you should get yours from the next shipment - hopefully first half of July. We will inform you right away when we get a shipping date.

Kind Regards

Sussi

So those of you who ordered around the December 9th mark like myself looks like at least another 3+ weeks. The only problem is I've been getting emails exactly like this since December 2010 !
" 4-6 weeks " to " next shipment " to " next couple of months " and even now being top of the list, another few weeks...
Ever feel like a donkey chasing a carrot on a stick ? ;) Gotta say am not enjoying the " if " and " should " as much as I used to. After all this waiting it'd be nice to actually have something more concrete ! Would be much happier to hear " Yours WILL be on the July shipment " ah well, we're all in the same boat right ? ;)
Post edit : Anyone from Europe getting a unit from the 1st batch ? And if so, when did you place your order ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom