Votes: 8 7.1%
  • April 2011

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • May 2011

Votes: 55 49.1%
  • June 2011

Votes: 19 17.0%

• Total voters
Well there's one guy on the poll who placed his order back in November. He MUST be one of the lucky ones getting the first batch.

I hope so for him. It's simple though, we don't know how many orders were placed at which point in time.
We have no idea of how many units ship in the first batch. We have no idea of what "normal size" shipments are that follow up the first one. On à sidenote. Sussi thanked me for paying promptly when the last MFC/Ultra shipment arrived à few months ago. It turned out she meant to send her mail to someone else, with the same name. So there's also à small margin for errors right there.

It's all good. Things are definitely starting to move, so to speak.
All we can do is sit back, relax, and wait for G66's email regarding availability.

Spot on man. There's so many if's and buts all you can do is sit back and enjoy the ride.

I would have thought that a normal size batch would be around 250 - 500.

I would guess the number of units to be smaller.
Besides... Would You rather be told not to be in the first batch and then receive an email after all,
or experience the opposite?
;)

I would guess the number of units to be smaller.
Besides... Would You rather be told not to be in the first batch and then receive an email after all,
or experience the opposite?
;)

Of course ;)
But so many " If ", " what " and " hopefully " later with a 29 week wait following the 1st correspondance saying it would be no more than 6 weeks and now with the new Axe II the first message was May / June and already it's fired back to July / August. I guess I'd just like to lose this feeling of deja vu and replace it with a little more certainty !
Hoping to hear from whoever posted theirs as November to confirm they are in the 1st batch !

HTR >> You quoted as " Before the middle of July " too ? Am enjoying my 3 week countdown ! I guess we'll hear more when the tone merchant list in the US starts to roll out. Havent heard of any units supplied that didnt come direct from FAS ( as of yet ! )

I've been passing the time by working out. Have lost a lot of weight already *lol* But I guess that's a good thing ;) How are you guys passing the time ?

This was the last email I got from G66:

DEAR FUTURE AXE-FX II OWNER,

SHORT DELAY

Fractal Audio has, slightly later than planned, now begun with deliveries of the Axe-Fx II. The first small shipment for Europe will be ready in a few days. Soon afterwards we expect the promised larger shipments. As yet there have been no unforeseen problems.

MASSIVE SUPPLY

If this continues to be the case we can expect massive numbers from July onwards. Fractal Audio has never ever produced anything like as many units in the past as it is now doing.

WAITING LIST

Having not delivered any units for several months now and with the announcement of the Axe-Fx II having caused a preordering boom, the waiting list has meanwhile grown very long.

ESTIMATED DELIVERY PLAN

Assuming the shipments arrive according to plan, the following approximate delivery dates should be applicable:

ORDER APPROXIMATE DELIVERY

First small shipment end of June

Ordered before 1st May July/August

Ordered in May August/September

Ordered in June September/October

This is purely a rough estimate, in the assumption that there will be no unforeseen delays. In other words, these dates are not guaranteed!

INFORMATION

We will keep everyone on the waiting list informed about every shipment we receive and approximately two weeks before your unit is available we will contact you personally.

STRESS-FREE HOLIDAY

Should we receive no reply from you we will assume you are on holiday and set your reserved unit aside for a further two weeks, which in total gives you four weeks to react. So, no stress, especially when on holiday.

FIRST IMRESSIONS

In the meantime we have received Europe's very first Axe-Fx II and you can read Jochen's first impressions here:
G66 - FIRST CONTACT WITH NUMBER TWO

The first videos are available here:
G66 - FIRST AXE-FX II VIDEOS

Thanks for your patience and all the best,
Sussi

www.G66.eu
ph: 0049 461 1828066

It's strange - am sure people who ordered units in November got Ultra's in March ( from memory ! ) so the overspill must be very small. So according to this poll they only have 16 units to supply before August ? I heard FAS were rolling out 12-16 units per day now too ? Tha last week sure went quickly !! So 3 more of those *fingers crossed*

I heard they're shipping loads to Dawsons in the UK ;) Going to go to Chester on Saturday and pick one up.

I've been passing the time playing acoustic and a bit of banjo. I might just buy a nice new Martin 00028 instead of an axe..

Mork - you need hands like a construction worker to play a Martin. Amazing tone but you have to push so hard to get a note !! Dawsons huh ? I havent heard of that place..yet ! I have a banjo too but my skills are very limited. I snagged a status graphite kingbass ( a fast necked bass guitar ) and have been pretending it's 1980 for the last couple of months. Slap bass is fun, even if I know have a thumb like a hamburger !

The Banjo is great fun! It makes my head hurt and I love it for that. You've played some bad Martins man lol

Last edited:
I think I'm just an acoustic wuss - I play an Ovation tangent. I'm just used to my fast frets on all guitars. The Martin I played was like pushing cheesewire into my finger tips ! Happy times. Will have to play my banjo again soon for sure.

Hi,

I'm also from Wales and ordered my FX II from g66 early June, got a P/O number 4886, not sure where that puts me in the waiting list :)

Back
Top Bottom